PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Kawi kx250f

Trxman300
04-04-2011, 05:39 PM
yesss i know this a quad forum and im sorry. im sure the motors are no different than whats in your kfx 450r quad. soo i have been having problems with the valves. every 2 rides or maby 4 hours or riding the valves will come out of adjustment. the bike runs bad, wont start with the kick started (need to jump start), the header glows red, and yeaa. my brother used to bring it to a repair shop and pay the guy like 80 bucks to shim, and re-adjust the valves. i think its a waist of money.

so what do you guys think? ive heard about steel and titanium valves, i heard titanium suck. and ive been told by a local professional motorcross racer that i should get some new OEM or steel valves... what do you think is causing this? what should i do? thanks

trailrider894
04-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Trxman300
yesss i know this a quad forum and im sorry. im sure the motors are no different than whats in your kfx 450r quad. soo i have been having problems with the valves. every 2 rides or maby 4 hours or riding the valves will come out of adjustment. the bike runs bad, wont start with the kick started (need to jump start), the header glows red, and yeaa. my brother used to bring it to a repair shop and pay the guy like 80 bucks to shim, and re-adjust the valves. i think its a waist of money.

so what do you guys think? ive heard about steel and titanium valves, i heard titanium suck. and ive been told by a local professional motorcross racer that i should get some new OEM or steel valves... what do you think is causing this? what should i do? thanks

Sounds like it is running lean.... As far as the valves... It sounds like the typical 4-stroke MX engine to me...

Trxman300
04-04-2011, 07:36 PM
It might be, I'm gunna check it out. But my brothers Crf 450r hasn't had them done since he's owned it, most 4 stroke race bikes that I see do t get them don't untill like 10-20 hours. Might get new valves and springs and see where it takes me

ridehonda400ex
04-06-2011, 07:28 PM
I had a 2005 kx250f....i sold it three days later for 1500, ran perfect, had stage 2 hot cams, and valves WERE adjusted. Was a ***** to start tho, i wanna ride not kick till my foots broke. I have a 2004 406ex, bought for $1400. I'm happy now:)

Trxman300
04-10-2011, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by ridehonda400ex
Was a ***** to start tho, i wanna ride not kick till my foots broke.

thats exactally how mine is. its a total ***** to start but once its running, it runs good. the bottom of my foot is bruised from kicking the damn thing soo many times. if we bring it to a shop and get the valves done, it starts first kick, but like 2-3 hours of riding time later it breaks your ancle. :/

i dont know what to do right now, stainless steel valves?