PDA

View Full Version : Roll Lobo crf450r

jjones60
04-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Roll Design Lobo, one of around 6 total that were built special by Doug Roll specifically for TT racing w/a 250R engine. The chassis was raced by Keith Little originally.

Hybrid conversion completed about 4-5 years ago using a 2002 or 2003 (I'm not sure which) CRF 450R engine. Rekluse clutch, Elka fronts, Custom Axis rear. I have a set of titanium front rotors and an extra swing arm that will go with the quad. $3500 as is, where is, EXTREMELY firm on price so please no tire kickers, low ballers, etc. . .

I don't get online much anymore so please call or text with any questions: 5 zero 1, 5 one 9, 0 618.

mx Eli
04-05-2011, 05:36 PM
265r- I'm almost positive this is that same quad you remember, I remember it eing the same way

jjones60
04-06-2011, 08:54 PM
It does have a drop in the frame rail of about 1" on one side, but I'm not sure why you think it kills the set up. Also curious if I know you or if you saw the quad several years ago somewhere. Please PM me on that.

Please allow me to clarify someting though. This is a TT bike, not a woods or MX racer. I don't have any bottoming out issues because it NEVER sees big air time or obstacles that cause high centering (and I'm a bigger rider at 250 lbs). It's far and away the best handling TT bike I've ever ridden, so again, I'm not sure about killing set up.

In fact, before I owned it, the second fastest lap time of the entire weekend (at the last EDT national ran at Greenbrier, AR ), timed by transponders, was set with this bike by a YOUTH, not Pro, rider. I think only Tim Farr, who was riding for Honda then, was quicker over the entire weekend. But the YOUTH rider probably had problems with his setup being killed and that is why he couldn't out run an experienced, pro, factory backed rider using a 10 year old chassis and basically stock crf engine.

In short, if you think you offended me or struck a nerve with the "killing" comment, you did and you have. On the other hand, I would not have cut the frame for a conversion either. It's almost like taking a razor blade to a Picasso because it didn't fit your wall. Keep in mind, the conversion was done before I even knew this particular quad existed, but I have raced it for three seasons now with decent success (at least for an old, fat married guy). Also remember that you can't find a complete, running CRF Lobo with Elkas and a Rekluse clutch, for this price anywhere else.

hontrx265r
04-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Sorry that came out wrong I guess. I'm just thinking about the suspension yes. But not in the sense of flat track. Like your saying its built for. Trust me I've always thought it would be a cool bike there are a couple true lobo crfs around. Good luck with the sale.

jjones60
05-15-2011, 07:39 AM
Still have the quad, just found out it needs a new spark plug boot. New price, quad only, no spares $3000. Call or text with questions, the number is in the first post of this thread. I can also e-mail pics, but please call or text to request them.

jjones60
05-30-2011, 06:43 PM
UPDATES!

I have ordered a new coil and spark plug wire assembly. It should be here this week and installed next weekend.

Also, I may now be able to personally deliver within the continental US for the cost of fuel. This is something that I would definitely have to discuss with a potential buyer and have worked out before I loaded up.

You can call or text me with questions: 5 oh 1, 5 one 9, 0 618.

jjones60
06-10-2011, 07:29 AM
Down to $2500. Will still deliver for the cost of fuel. I will go no lower on this.

If it doesn't sell before the end of June, I'll probably just part it out on ebay. If that happens, I will post info here as well.

C41Xracer
06-10-2011, 10:08 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmm can i get more pics?
c41xracer@hotmail.com

deliver to ohio??:D

jjones60
06-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Quad has sold. Thanks for looking.