PDA

View Full Version : ATVA KY - 50 CVT moto 2 helmet cam

EthansDad
04-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Just posted this from Ethan's Helmet cam for moto 2 Kentucky national in the 50 CVT class. unfortunately, some mud got on the camera right at the start, so not great quality, but can follow the action.

some highlights -
3rd out of first corner
Cale Deal hitting the double big past Ethan lap 1
the Race Leader spun out

Ethan finished up 2nd in the moto about 2.7 seconds behind the leader. some great race action brewing in this class 3 races, 3 different race winners and tons of talent at every gate drop!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W5g1RXWbn00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

thequadfather+2
04-04-2011, 11:48 AM
3rd round and still 18 riders on the gate! The class is huge and I wouldnt be suprised to see a qualifier in the final round at Loretta's in this class.

He's rarely off the gas, slipper sprocket must be working good....

Logan #34's Dad
04-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Come-on Eric show everyone "the video". Is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission! You big ole' sissy! :devil:
That one could win you some $$$$$. LMAO!

EthansDad
04-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Bruce, I went and looked at class entries for this round, the 50 CVT class with 18 entrees was the 2nd largest youth class only behind 90 modified!! only 14 signed up for 70CVT 6-11!

And Rocky, no. I shall not post that unspoken "video" let's just say sometimes kids forget they have a helmet cam on when they get off the track:eek2:

I did submit it to AFV, so will see if they pick it up.

-EA

thequadfather+2
04-04-2011, 12:44 PM
If AFV doesnt pick it up, they are crazy....that was funny!

nordic quad
04-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Tough macines and even tougher kids great to watch.
Stein A

don bassani
04-04-2011, 06:35 PM
That motor sounds awesome for being a stock drr cylinder!! Great video.

thequadfather+2
04-04-2011, 07:39 PM
our view from moto 1 and moto 2. The camera was full and shut off in moto 1 and there wasnt much to see in moto 2 so its just the first lap. He settled into 5th and Wilhelmus, Ford, Deal, Ahlm and Lindquist were all checking out, he just couldnt catch'em.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ui4ldpePfkU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EthansDad
04-04-2011, 08:22 PM
yea Don, that was amazing. Our primary race motor broke a ring round 1 and was torn to bits. we used a backup motor rnd 2 with little luck. Not being able to find any high end replacement 50cc cylinders suitable to our crank, Hetrick worked some major porting magic on a stock 50 top end for our rnd 3 ride. its still a touch under HP of our primary motor, but damn, did it run strong. I also like the fact its cheap - really cheap being a DRR oem part compared to high end brands, and I'm not going to come up short on spares this series if I need them. oh yea, and our pipe cost under $200 as well -only needing slight mods to wake up.

-EA