PDA

View Full Version : TRX400EX help!!!

4WheelinDemon
04-02-2011, 12:19 AM
Follow link for images since i cant post a pic with my ipod lol
https://forums.powersportsnetwork.com/Topic176256-418-1.aspx

hey, ive got a 2003 400ex and i need some help on a little bit of wiring. i bought her for 500 bucks and its got a K&N air filter, dual looney tunes racing exhaust and pipes, renthal bars, DG nerfs, razor fronts and swamp foxs on back all riding on itp wheels. it looks dirty but its a quad an its supposed to be dirty. it runs and all and its real loud. i need help with the wiring though, you can see the 7 wires in the picture. what are those wires for and where do they go? some are for electric start and some are for back tailight. which ones are they and where do the rest go? If someone has a manual or something can you please take a picture of it and post it? thanks

oh, and do i need a special tool to take off the clutch basket and all? if anyone has taken them off before please let me know. thankss

tri5ron
04-02-2011, 12:50 AM
I'd be happy to help, but cant seem to download your pics.

If you use a public photo site like photoshop, then you can post the pics here.

get them up, and we'll be glad to help.

Ron

CJM
04-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Cant help with the wiring since I cant see the pictures, but I can tell you that the clutch you need a holding tool to properly remove the basket.

Rocky mtn atv sells a nice tusk one for 15 bucks.

NMills
04-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by CJM

Rocky mtn atv sells a nice tusk one for 15 bucks.

And it's worth every penny...

4WheelinDemon
04-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Hmmm, i dont know why its not showing. Ill try uploading it on here again. but does anybody have a 2003 TRX400EX manual that tells you the wiring diagram?

JOHNDOE83
04-07-2011, 02:58 PM
HOW MUCH WILL IT TAKE TO GET THOSE PIPES FROM YOU!!!

Seriously, pm me a price if your interested?

rd2005
04-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Hey I might be able to help some. I'm pretty sure the brown & green wires on the right side of your picture are to the rear back light. If you'll go thru this post you'll find some info on the wiring layout for a 00 400ex. They are to be very similar.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=462267
(Electrical Troubleshooting)
I will get my book on it in a bit to try to help further. Also there is a place to download the service manual for free thanks to a user on another forum & will try to get you the link.
Be back in a bit!

BenHonda400ex
04-07-2011, 11:06 PM
If you bought that Four-Wheeler for 500 bucks those exhaust are probably worth 500 bucks.

rd2005
04-08-2011, 12:54 AM
Sorry it took so long...life happened! LOL
Ok so here is a link to an online service manual for your bike.
http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/honda-atv-schematics-manual-help/10914-service-manual-downloads-all-years.html

Read from the top it will include a password. Yes this is from another forum...shame on me but we can all get along right???:devil:

Anyways this might help. I did not get a chance to look at my book but see what this link can do for you. I know how frustrating electrical issues can be. Keep us informed on how this goes & Good Luck!

4WheelinDemon
04-08-2011, 10:05 AM
haha

@ the person who wants the pipes...
Sorry but this is looney tuned exhaust and pipes and its by FAR the best set ive ever had and have ever seen. i love these pipes lol it sounds badass. but sorry, i just cant sell these off.

@ the VERY helpful person whos really helping me out
Thank you so much! i know the two yellows are for the solinoid but i didnt know what the others were for. now that i know those other two are for taillight, i only have a couple to work with now. i ordered a new solinoid for about 25 off ebay last week and it should be here today. i will check that post though very soon as i cant right at this moment since im in school. and YES haha believe me i know how much of a pain electrical things can be. i go to vo-tech for electrical engineering and work with this stuff 5 days out of the week.