PDA

View Full Version : another "no start"

4strokernow
04-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Me and a couple of friends were gonna go ridin this weekend so I figured I'd get my quad ready to ride so I didn't run into any problems out on the trails...good idea cause I went to start it today and had no luck. I figured that it was just a cold start problem cause its been in the low 40's around here, but no I tried and tried and still nothing... I've got lights (neutral, high, and low headlights) but no spark at all. Any ideas?

tri5ron
04-02-2011, 12:57 AM
need more info.

has anything, (Maintaince / repairs) been done to it, since the last time it ran ?

How did you determine that you have no spark ?

There is a hundred reasons for possibilities causing a problem.
grounds good,
old cracked wires,
bad connectors,
fouled plug,
etc.

We need some more specific details, as to the recent history, to be able to help. (that's what we do here)

4strokernow
04-02-2011, 06:15 AM
No maintenance has been done, I started it about a week-week and a half ago and had no problems. I pulled the plug and had it up against the head to see if there was spark...tried a new plug thinkin it could be just that the plug was old, nothin not even a little spark. I cleaned up the grounds, and checked all the connectors.

CJM
04-02-2011, 07:33 AM
Turn the tank to reserve just to be sure.

250rforlife
04-02-2011, 09:01 AM
check the spark plug wire head. myn separated from the coil wire and i had no spark

NMills
04-02-2011, 09:26 AM
What position is the kill switch in? do you have a tether switch??? I've forgotten stuff like that several times..

4strokernow
04-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Replaced coil and cdi...she lives!! Thanks for the help guys.