PDA

View Full Version : New here... w/a question! ;)

KeithLuneau
04-01-2011, 04:17 PM
I just registered here after finding some info I was looking for, having just bought a used 400EX. I intend to post a few pictures of my "collection" and stuff, but would also like to start hunting down some used parts. Are there any requirements for using the classifieds section, or can I jump right in? :)

I realize I'm new, but will be looking to buy at first, and have plenty of feedback at a few other places.

Anyway, thanks for the great site, and the info that I found! :D

-Keith

DnB_racing
04-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by KeithLuneau
I just registered here after finding some info I was looking for, having just bought a used 400EX. I intend to post a few pictures of my "collection" and stuff, but would also like to start hunting down some used parts. Are there any requirements for using the classifieds section, or can I jump right in? :)

I realize I'm new, but will be looking to buy at first, and have plenty of feedback at a few other places.

Anyway, thanks for the great site, and the info that I found! :D

-Keith jump in and buy!! the thing most new members do is give the person who first answers your question about buying a kick back on every purchase!!

but welcome to the site

TheLane
04-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Lol new doesn't mean stupid man......

Everyone knows even if they answer first all the newbies still give me the kickback. Duh.

: D welcome to the forum!

TCracin440ex
04-01-2011, 05:13 PM
welcome to the forums. before buying anything id def check out the sticky in the parts section the black list. its a list of people who are deadbeat and just want to rip others off.

KeithLuneau
04-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Sounds good! ;)

I'm loving the 400 already! I got it out for a quick spin this evening, and intended to take a picture or two, but ended up flipping the thing upside down being stupid... (donuts in the grass) So I just put it up... lol No damage to the bike, but my ribs are not happy!

TheLane
04-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Haha sounds like you gotta get into the feel of leaning on a quad. You always wanna throw your weight to the inside. At least your ok! Watch some racing videos, outside of crashing that's the best way to learn!

KeithLuneau
04-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Oh yeah, I know how to ride it, like I said I was just being stupid... ;) Should have known better! (whiping around in the grass with slick tires is fun until it bites!)

I had a YFZ450 for a while, but most of my other machines are on 3 wheels or two! Right now I've got an '86 XR600R, an '89 KX250, the 2004 400EX, a 2001 Recon, a '78 ATC110, and a '83 200E. I've had various others too, mostly old Hondas. (185s, 200s, 200x, 250sx, etc.)

Out of all the machines I've had and ridden though, I think the 400EX is a happy medium. It's fast enough, has enough power to have fun with it, and should last forever with proper maintenance!

This is my pictures on Bikepics of pretty much all of them but the 400: http://www.bikepics.com/members/keithluneau/

sly400ex
04-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Nice stable you've had there! Welcome aboard too! It was nearly 10 years ago I came across this website looking for info for my "new" 400EX. Still here and still learning new things.:)

quad2xtreme
04-02-2011, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by sly400ex
Nice stable you've had there! Welcome aboard too! It was nearly 10 years ago I came across this website looking for info for my "new" 400EX. Still here and still learning new things.:)

me too. I had a different user name back then. Was NotuRaptor...my first sport quad was a 2001 Raptor so it had to be all uphill from there.

KeithLuneau
04-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks again for the warm welcome! I took a few pictures of my "new" bike this morning, so I'll post those here then get to using the rest of the forum... ;)

It's a bone stock '04 with low hours. The only thing not stock is the Renthal bars and a UNI filter. I paid $1000 for it, and had to clean the carb. It's been sitting in a shed for a long time, and the gas was nasty in there. It runs perfect after a good cleaning though. I do still need to change the float needle since it drips gas sometimes from the overflow. The rubber cone on the needle was kinda dry. New one should be here today! Battery is dead too, new one should be here either today or Monday. Besides that, I'll put tires on it and maybe an exhaust and rejet, then leave it alone. ;) He gave me a set of 18" Holeshots on 8" ITP rims for the back, but I don't like them. I ride trails mostly and they're just too small. I wish I could find someone local to swap for a set of 20s!

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq197/keithluneau/3-10.jpg

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq197/keithluneau/4-10.jpg

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq197/keithluneau/5-6.jpg