PDA

View Full Version : works shocks

timo_d135
04-01-2011, 11:27 AM
hey guys. i have a 400ex that i got this winter and it came with works front shocks. the shocks need to be rebuilt, and i think revalved.

my question is. i really dont do any fancy racing or riding/jumping so would it b worth the trouble and $$ to get them fixed, or should i just get stock shocks from ebay.

vinnytobasco
04-01-2011, 11:36 AM
It is really up to you weather you think it is worth it or not, if you don't jump or race no i don't think they would be worth getting revalved and rebuilt.But if you want a pair of stock shock in the mean time i have a good pair that i took off to replace with 450 shocks i'd sell for $20 pluse shipping pm me if your intrested.

DragonGunner
04-01-2011, 06:16 PM
They must be on the tooo soft side if you think they need rebuilt, its up to you but if thats the case why not just reset the preload on them for a stiffer coil setting, just takes two open end wrenches an a couple min. on each one. It might be to your liking...I've had to do this on mine when they start to wear down an I don't have the time to get them to the shop.

timo_d135
04-01-2011, 08:38 PM
the pre load is maxed out/or very near. when you compress the front you hear a swishing type sound

vinson581
04-04-2011, 10:44 PM
its DEFF worth getting them rebuilt at the stock front are junk, send them to derisi racing or back to works shouldnt cost much more then 100 bucks and will be money well spent