PDA

View Full Version : 70cc A/C top end kit? Polini / malossi

miniquaddad90
04-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Building a 70cc A/C for XC racing. This motor came with a quad we bought. It was low on compression so no clue what it ran like. It had a Malossi MHR replica top-end. I am a total CVT newbie so looking for opinions on which kit to buy. The Malossi cylinder is prob salvageable but would need bored out, havent seen any "oversize" pistons so was looking at the top-end kits out there. This is not for nationals or anything, just need something decent and mainly reliable

Also, the rod is stamped "rocket" is this a stock crank?

Thanks ya'll!!

hotquads1
04-01-2011, 12:24 PM
for XC racing you may not want a high rpm kit such as the malossi , boring and replating the malossi would be a couple of hundred dollars and then you must buy the piston kit and gasket kit , so for the best budget i would condsider Motofroce 70 kit or a Sport pro kit, either would be less than 300 for everything you need. I am not sure what crank you have but the main thing you'll need to know is 10mm or 12mm , measure the inside of the top-end bearing (needle bearing) .

miniquaddad90
04-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks! I'll measure the pin but Im pretty sure its a 10mm. This motor has polini clutch set-up which not a clue what it is set up for. Is there a "general guideline" to follow for set up? I have a 28mm oko and a Hetrick pipe on it with current 90cc motor but my 7yo wants to run the 70cc class. Figured I would use the same pipe but with a 24 or 26mm oko carb. Thoughts?

miniquaddad90
04-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Do you guys sell those 2 kits?

hotquads1
04-01-2011, 02:13 PM
I believe all of the dealers here on the forum as well as us sell these kits but A/C kits are not as common now that l/c is the norm , so may have to hunt around to find it in stock .

nordic quad
04-01-2011, 02:39 PM
How about Airsal T6 Asso a very nice mid race kit,a nice low end and a few extra rpms on top.
Stein A

fastrnrik
04-01-2011, 06:20 PM
My son is wanting to go XC racing too. I ain't about to put his MX bikes in the woods LOL. I have an older style DRR frame & enough parts to put together a low budget woods bike and was going to put a mild AC 70 in it. I have an Airsal T6 I was going to use with a torquey type pipe. Maybe a Hetrick Gen 1, cuz I already have one! LOL

We're actually going to check out a local XC race this weekend. Personally I'm not too thrilled about turning my nutty little rider loose in the woods where I can't see him.

miniquaddad90
04-04-2011, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by nordic quad
How about Airsal T6 Asso a very nice mid race kit,a nice low end and a few extra rpms on top.
Stein A

Where can I find these Airsal kits?

Thanks

miniquaddad90
04-04-2011, 08:00 AM
Stein A

Where can I find these Airsal kits?

Thanks

nordic quad
04-04-2011, 12:27 PM
I know Snyder used these in the past and maybe also Maxrpm,you might also try Lakes motorsports.Not sure if anyone still has these in stock but worth a shoot.
Stein A

nordic quad
04-04-2011, 12:32 PM
I know Snyder used these in the past and maybe also Maxrpm,you might also try Lakes motorsports.Not sure if anyone still has these in stock but worth a shoot.
Stein A

OR just try here the Atena kits are also nice.

http://www.spmotostore.com/ENGINE_PART_MOTOR_s/3018.htm