PDA

View Full Version : Very Bad... PLEASE help

krt400ex
04-01-2011, 08:11 AM
ok so i got a 94 f250 with the 351 and a 5 spd manual trans. drove home from work this morning with no issues. parked the truck and starting wiring my brake controller for the trailer, and decided to move the truck to the other driveway where the trailer is so i can test everything. start the truck, put it in gear and let the clutch out. nothing. no noises, no engagement, not trying to engage. just nothing. the truck was fine 15 minutes before. this makes no sense to me. i can leave the truck running and shift through all the gears and reverse without the clutch without any grinding or the truck trying o move. its like the clutch is fully disengaged. please, if anyone has any ideas throw them at me. i'm completely clueless and its my only vehicle, and i dont have money to blow because i was laid off and only just got back to work

wilkin250r
04-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Odd. If the problem was the other way around, and the clutch wouldn't release, I'd say you have a slave cylinder problem.

Try the simple things first. Is your transfer case in neutral?

79400ex
04-01-2011, 11:51 AM
sound like the salve cylinder and hidroca (sp) is not working. I had one do the the same, Check the level in the resevoi of the slave cylinder.

CJM
04-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Check the clutch master, its probably low which means you might have a leak.

Also, check the bracket by the clutch pedals, sometimes the bushings and bracket wears out and needs to be replaced.

Also you didnt mess with 4x4 did ya? The transfer case (if it has a manual one) could be in neutral and stuck. That totally disengages everything if it is.

chucked
04-01-2011, 04:12 PM
If there was an issue with the hydraulic clutch it wouldnt go into gear when its running. Im betting he bumped the transfer case shifter when he was wiring the brake controller

01 400EXer
04-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by chucked
If there was an issue with the hydraulic clutch it wouldnt go into gear when its running. Im betting he bumped the transfer case shifter when he was wiring the brake controller

Try checking to see if the shifter popped out of the top of the tranny. Take the boot off the shifter and look down through from inside the cab. May not be the issue but worth a shot.

wilkin250r
04-01-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm still wondering about a solution to this issue. It just seemed like the transfer case was the most likely culprit.

If it's not the transfer case, then something is either REALLY messed up in the transmission, or something is caught in the clutch and won't let it close.

krt400ex
04-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Odd. If the problem was the other way around, and the clutch wouldn't release, I'd say you have a slave cylinder problem.

Try the simple things first. Is your transfer case in neutral?

yea that is what it was. i forgot that i put it in neutral when i was screwing in the mount for the brake controller. the 4wd knob was in the way so i put it into neutral to make room. hope ya'll get a good laugh from my dumbass lol

BlaineKaiser450
04-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
yea that is what it was. i forgot that i put it in neutral when i was screwing in the mount for the brake controller. the 4wd knob was in the way so i put it into neutral to make room. hope ya'll get a good laugh from my dumbass lol Haha ive left my transfer case in neutral and flipped out before