PDA

View Full Version : rekluse

THR36
03-31-2011, 08:12 PM
is it worth it or not? and what exactly does it do?

DnB_racing
03-31-2011, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by THR36
is it worth it or not? and what exactly does it do? http://www.rekluse.com/

airmobile101
04-01-2011, 12:34 AM
That would depend if your a racer or not. And......... it will really depend if your a XC racer or MX racer. If you run XC, it will make you faster point blank ! Probably one of the best upgrades I ever did. I will go as far as saying I would add that before a suspension upgrade. IMO

SHIFTx450
04-02-2011, 07:50 AM
There's so many variations of the clutch, it's all what you want.. And how big your pocket is. I had a zStart on my hybrid, I absolutely hated it and sold it. Yea, it doesnt make you stall your bike in the real tight stuff, but if you know how to ride you shouldnt have too much of a problem. I do have a soft spot for it though for that reason alone, like if you clip a tree typically you'd stall, and with the rekluse it did not. But again, I f'n hated it. Slipped way too much for my liking. I hear the core EXP feels and grabs like a regular clutch setup, but maintains the anti-stall factor. Might be something I'd try when the pockets allow..

moshachusetts
04-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Anybody know what I could get for a used z-start pro complete clucth assembly? This would include the stock parts that are needed as well, so it would drop right in. I just bought a 07 450er that has one in it and I don't want it, so I bought a complete stock clutch assembly off ebay.

300ex_#387
04-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by moshachusetts
Anybody know what I could get for a used z-start pro complete clucth assembly? This would include the stock parts that are needed as well, so it would drop right in. I just bought a 07 450er that has one in it and I don't want it, so I bought a complete stock clutch assembly off ebay.

I am interested in it. Is it for sure a z-start pro and comes with all parts and instructions? Pm me what you would like for it.

moshachusetts
04-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
I am interested in it. Is it for sure a z-start pro and comes with all parts and instructions? Pm me what you would like for it.

pm'd you

SHIFTx450
04-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by moshachusetts

I listed mine on ebay for 250, it sold for 265 in a heartbeat.

moshachusetts
04-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by SHIFTx450
I listed mine on ebay for 250, it sold for 265 in a heartbeat.

was that with the stock parts that are needed to make it work? like the steel plates and basket? i'm not sure what other stock parts are used.

thanks

SHIFTx450
04-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Yes plates, didn't need another basket..? It was the clutch arm external adjuster, throwout bearing spacer, wave spring, outter plate with all the balls and stuff, all the needed clutch plates and steels, umm... I think I have a pic somewhere of what I sold hang on..

Can't find the pics, but here's the description copied from when I tried to sell it on here, prior to selling it on ebay:

Rekluse Z-start For Sale
Rekluse Z-Start - came out of my hybrid motor 06 CRF450R

Complete kit setup for positive engagement, low RPM. Selling because it's not for me. Works pretty cool though, you'll be used to it after 1 ride. Includes all steel plates, top plate, pressure plate, lower assembly, throw out spacer, necessary studs, screws, clutch cover spacer gasket, wave spring, all 30 balls, mounting shims, external adjuster and spring

moshachusetts
04-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Thanks, I'll have to see what mine looks like when I swap it out for a stock one this weekend.

I agree, its cool for not stalling but I like the feel of a regular clutch better.

Sjorge450R
04-06-2011, 07:57 AM
if you get a Rekluse, get the pro. I had the regular and I hated it. It slipped way too much and that was on a brand new clutch. That and the adjustment is so finicky. You have to adjust the gaps way too often and its just not worth it. I like the positive feel of the real clutch anyway

moshachusetts
04-08-2011, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387

i pm'd you if your still interested

3racers
04-22-2011, 06:56 PM
My son luvs his he also said the best upgrade but he does race xc too. I like ridin trails with it too has plenty of traction.

THR36
04-22-2011, 07:52 PM
ya im still trying to make a decision.. because i keep hearing that it does not grab like the regular clutch and sometimes it feels like it lags a little before it grabs. so im not sure. going to make a decision this week i hope

i race xc also

SHIFTx450
04-23-2011, 07:29 AM
Once you're high in the R's it grabs damn good, like it's supposed to. It's just at low r's /low speeds it slips

Jason Hall
04-24-2011, 08:12 PM
It's a great Idea, but I will admitt you need to have your carb set CORRECTLY!!! Otherwise It will stall, and you can't bump start with a Rekluse Z start Pro (Ever). It's pretty much weight overriding the tension of a spring. Ball bearing's roll up a ramp and cause the clutch to be clamped. I took 3 balls out to lighten my engagement feel, just as was stated In the Instructions. IMO people just throw them In and expect It to work perfect right away. They just don't try hard enough to fine tune It and make It right.

If you want tighter quicker engagement, you can add heavier tungston ball's. Deffinatly get the pro model, as It comes with the Inner hub that Is desighned to add surface area where the steel disc's ride on the Inner hub. With a stock Inner hub and stock steel disc's (Z start Model) the steel disc's groove the hub and cause the clutch to release slow, and engage soft because the dics's can't float like they should.

I have had the Pro model In my CRF powered 3 wheeler, and put Lots of time on It. Including 3 one week long trips to Glammis / Gordons Well. Climbed every hill, and never had a problem. I have never had to adjust the clutch since I Installed It. I have the perch adjuster on mine, and IMO It helps you set the engagement RPM better, as you have the adjustability to fine tune!!

SHIFTx450
04-25-2011, 06:08 AM
Anyone try the Core EXP yet?? I got rid of my z-start, but I did love the whole concept, and have been eyeing this one up. This Core EXP looks like it eliminates stalling while maintaining stock clutch feel and usage.. Has an interesting looking device that does in with the clutch plates. Sounds almost too good to be true!

SHIFTx450
04-25-2011, 06:09 AM
http://rekluse.com/exp.shtml