PDA

View Full Version : idle issues

hondatrxrider07
03-31-2011, 10:19 AM
I have an 07 450er with a big gun full system, velocity air filter and dual batteries. The quad starts every time if you give it a hair of throttle and runs great. But if you start it and let of the throttle it will stall imediatly. Or if your riding and let of the throttle at all it will stall. Any suggestions?

hondatrxrider07
03-31-2011, 11:10 AM
i currently have a 162 main jet with 55 pilot. I just jetted down from a 165 cuz my plug was a little dark.

hondatrxrider07
03-31-2011, 11:12 AM
55 leak jet*

DnB_racing
03-31-2011, 12:03 PM
try turning the throttle up, and adjust your cable free play.. do you still have your carb and throttle safeties hooked up (tors)?

DnB_racing
03-31-2011, 12:08 PM
if your carb slide is open and throttle is closed it will stall

hondatrxrider07
03-31-2011, 02:17 PM
Alright. Well i tried turning up the idle on the throttle cable but it still wouldnt run unledss i was slightly touching the throttle. I don't understand the saftey thing. I know their the saftly in the carb that makes the clicking sound but i thought that only affected the starter?

DnB_racing
03-31-2011, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by hondatrxrider07
Alright. Well i tried turning up the idle on the throttle cable but it still wouldnt run unledss i was slightly touching the throttle. I don't understand the saftey thing. I know their the saftly in the carb that makes the clicking sound but i thought that only affected the starter? look at the pic one of the safeties has to go to ground to run!
see the fail condition? if neither one is made it wont run!! jump the switch and im betting it will run

DnB_racing
03-31-2011, 05:27 PM
if your throttle cable is adjusted to tight it will open your carb slide, so when you let off throttle the carb isn't closed all the way but your thumb throttle is, and the safety acts like your cable is stuck in the open slide position cutting of spark from cdi...thumb lever closed with slide open is fail position

the best thing to do is just bypass the whole system and never worry about it! just jump out the switch and it will run

hondatrxrider07
03-31-2011, 07:17 PM
Yeah, i got it running. The safety thing in the carb. where the throttle cable is wasnt getting pushed in like it is suppose to.