PDA

View Full Version : Best Offroad trail tire ?

exrider123
02-17-2003, 07:23 PM
Whats the best trail tire with an aggresive tread for sometimes when theres mud ?

Moto92
02-17-2003, 09:16 PM
cant complain about the razrs, and now they have the razr 2

L.Vegas400
02-17-2003, 11:13 PM
i just bought some razrs today. $139 mounted. i think i got ripped. they said they were 4 plies, but i looked and they are 6 ply. wohoo. the worked great today. i was spinnin around in sharp rocks and such and i barely wore the dingle berries off.

honda270ex
02-18-2003, 12:59 PM
U should get bandits. there good

trailburner
02-18-2003, 07:50 PM
I love my holeshots, they work great in sand ,hardpack & all around trail ridding....

02-18-2003, 08:01 PM
i would try razr 2's they look sick

Ex'r Marlin
02-18-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by fearthisracer
cant complain about the razrs, and now they have the razr 2 Looking at them Razr 2's, I will have to agree with you. The Maxxis Razr 2's definetly have an agressive tread pattern. I have not heard many complaints on the Maxxis Razr's.

As for the Pure Sport Bandits, they are a great "bullet proof" tire with an agressive tread pattern too. The only negative for the Bandits are their weight.

I am a big fan of ITP Holeshots... Needless to say, they too are a great trail tire.

I do not know how the above tires compare in muddy conditions, but my guess is that those Razr 2's look like they would work great on any riding condition. The negative with them right now, since they recently came out, is how much they cost compared to the others.

Good luck!

exrider123
02-18-2003, 09:32 PM
im not sure if i should get the razr 2's, spidertracks, or blackwater's does anyone have some suggestions to which tire would be better for offroad and mainly trails?

remlapr
02-18-2003, 09:56 PM
Don't forget about the Kenda's. I just got a set Knarly rears, largely based on the good reviews I found here. I haven't rode on them yet though. Do a search, there are a couple of good threads about them with pictures. I got the 22 inch, I was leaning towards all tracs or sur traks because I wanted something beefy, in 22 inch, but both of those are only 2-ply, while the Knarly's are 6-ply and about the same price. HOWEVER - Jeff at the Quadshop mounted them for me today(thanks Jeff) and he said he thought the sidewalls seemed thin to him. Because of this he said they might flex too much for racing and might be vulnerable to sidewall punctures - and I would say he knows what he's talkin about. The 22 inch are also huge. There was a GAS GAS there with 22 inch holeshots and these look quite a bit taller.

exrider123
02-18-2003, 10:10 PM
i have the Pure sport realators on now they work good but im looking for something thats a little more aggresive*?

JOEX
02-18-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
Don't forget about the Kenda's. I just got a set Knarly rears, largely based on the good reviews I found here. I haven't rode on them yet though. Do a search, there are a couple of good threads about them with pictures. I got the 22 inch, I was leaning towards all tracs or sur traks because I wanted something beefy, in 22 inch, but both of those are only 2-ply, while the Knarly's are 6-ply and about the same price. HOWEVER - Jeff at the Quadshop mounted them for me today(thanks Jeff) and he said he thought the sidewalls seemed thin to him. Because of this he said they might flex too much for racing and might be vulnerable to sidewall punctures - and I would say he knows what he's talkin about. The 22 inch are also huge. There was a GAS GAS there with 22 inch holeshots and these look quite a bit taller.

Did/were you or Jeff able to compare them to the 20" i'm thinking about getting them myself. I just checked at RM a few minutes ago and luckily for my Visa card they were out of stock:p

Joe

remlapr
02-18-2003, 10:38 PM
No - my 22's were the only Knarly's around. One thing I did notice from the pictures posted here of the 20's is that my 22's seem to have a little rounder profile:confused: . You would think they would simply be a taller version of the 20's, but even the 20's have a rounder profile than holeshots are razr's from what I have seen. I think both actually sit taller than the same size holeshots.

02Yellow400
02-18-2003, 11:48 PM
I have Blackwaters on my 400. I love them. Plus they come in 20 x 12 x 9. They hook up great but i can still slide and spin them when i want. Not to mention they last a long time. And they throw a **** of a roost. I could be more happy with mine. But thats just my 2 cents