PDA

View Full Version : big discounts from major names???

hartwill
03-30-2011, 07:36 PM
I went to a local indoor mx track today to try it out, and while I was there a young guy told me that if you fill out rider applications online at the end of the season they give you huge discounts. He said he got 35% off his JB racing a arms, 45% off his FOX floats, and 50% from FLY racing. There were a bunch more but those are the only ones I remember. Maybe this is no secret but it is deffinately news to me, or maybe he was just blowing smoke? Just thought I would share it here. Everyone likes saving money, right?

leager-n-ky
03-30-2011, 09:32 PM
What indoor track did you go to??

hartwill
03-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Its called ramjams. http://ramjamsportsplex.com

troybilt
03-31-2011, 07:15 AM
Hartwill, was that your first race? Tell me more about how you got into it and what you thought? I was wanting to race at the local tracks this year, never have raced competitively before. (If I ever get my bike completed... :D)

cdrookie
03-31-2011, 07:22 AM
it's called sponsors. they give you discounts to use their products, thus promoting them. but to get big discounts like he said you have to be very fast and be with the company for a few years. you're not going to send an application to fox shocks and they're just gonna give you shocks for half price...

DnB_racing
03-31-2011, 07:59 AM
this is one of the biggest reasons to get sponsored buy your local distributor or supplier, they can give discounts on all parts,

not just one particular brand! and they are there to help with problems, look to your own local town for sponsorship its one of the best ways to save money

hartwill
03-31-2011, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by troybilt
Hartwill, was that your first race? Tell me more about how you got into it and what you thought? I was wanting to race at the local tracks this year, never have raced competitively before. (If I ever get my bike completed... :D)
Troy, I just went to an open practice day they had. It was very intimidating when I first walked in and theres people jumping quads over your head. lol, but I actually sat and talked to alot of the riders and they gave me some pointers. before I knew it I was out there on the track it was really a cool experience. Wish I was fast enough to keep up with them. And just so you know I had about 7 people come up to me drooling over the old 250r. I was suprized at the age gap of the people that liked it 19-50s.. One even tried buying it.lol

bigE28
03-31-2011, 03:56 PM
?