PDA

View Full Version : GNCC Snowshoe question

matt1106
03-30-2011, 04:09 PM
My friends and I are palnning the races we want to do this year, and from what ive seen and heard, snowshoe is one i def want to do, and is about as far away as im willing to drive, i saw on the GNCC website that the camping isnt free at that race, does anybody know how much it is?

Pappy
03-30-2011, 04:46 PM
There wasnt any extra charge that im aware of. There isnt any areas that are good for camping on top where the race is....most folks stay in one of the expensive rooms, or in thier trailers.

matt1106
03-30-2011, 05:15 PM
hmm... i guess we will just have to wing it haha. we arent rich enough to have trailers or afford rooms, so we will just bring our tents and make due with wat we have

Pappy
03-30-2011, 05:41 PM
Ive slept in my truck many a night LOL!

Honda4LifeWes36
03-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Gotta do what you gotta do! :D

X2 on sleepin in truck.

Tommy Warren
03-30-2011, 08:56 PM
i've slept in the truck of a honda civic.....wasn't bad actually:) but i had to lay there and wait for my friends to wake up and let me out...:(

300racer
03-30-2011, 09:25 PM
some friends and i slept 4 people in an ext cab f150 down in georgia back in 06. that was my girlfriends first race. lol

Scro
03-31-2011, 06:26 AM
Whatever you have to do to make it to Snowshoe, do it. I went for the first time last year, and it's a trip I'll never forget.

DnB_racing
03-31-2011, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by matt1106
My friends and I are palnning the races we want to do this year, and from what ive seen and heard, snowshoe is one i def want to do, and is about as far away as im willing to drive, i saw on the GNCC website that the camping isnt free at that race, does anybody know how much it is? Matt what part of mass are you from? when your going to do some traveling let me know, and maybe Me and some of my riding crew will follow along

gbcap
03-31-2011, 08:26 PM
my suggestion is no tent camping at snowshoe. the reason they don't "allow" camping is because of bears. They are there, they normally stay out of camp during such busy times but its possible that they could come "wake" you in the middle of the night. if you can sleep in your truck or trailer then fine. The cheap rooms really aren't all that bad and they are in REALLY nice shape. if you know someone else that is going there are lots of condos for rent too. get 2-3 people in one for a weekend and its really cheap.

Pappy
03-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by gbcap
the reason they don't "allow" camping is because of bears.

SHHHHHH:devil:

And I promise I wont be walking around throwing Marshmellows at them again:chinese: :devil: