PDA

View Full Version : New Version 2fast Engine Kits ?

asadad00
03-30-2011, 06:28 AM
does anyone have any details on the new 2FAST kits, what all has been upgraded? is it more powerful ? I have a friend that just bought one but has not arrived yet may be here end of the week . Our 2Fast is fast I just wondered if the new ones were even faster?

thequadfather+2
03-30-2011, 12:46 PM
:uhoh: :uhoh: :devil:

do I hear crickets ?? Sure is quiet.

Logan #34's Dad
03-30-2011, 04:00 PM
A lil birdie told me...... :devil:
How about from 86cc to 90cc's? Hmmmm

hotquads1
03-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Rocky's lil birdie is on the right track . There are a few changes in the new 2011 2fast kits;
1. 2fast has made a new mold to cast the cylinders, so you can notice a couple of differences cosmetically. performance may be slightly better. (this was done in late 2010)
2. the real upgrade is in the crankshaft ( this has been the weak link , none on the market have held up as well as expected under this power), there will be 2 available , they are stronger and better balanced then the original , this has been much needed. cranks will be available in the "2011" standard series or the "2011" inertia series for quad racers .
3. Now as Rocky mentioned there is a very limited edition of 89cc engine kits for a little more money , these are 89cc instead of 86cc, this kit is not available with the inertia crank.
Hope this helps , or maybe make it even more confusing . I am not willing to say performance gains are huge over the original kits , but the expected reliability of the new cranks is very interesting . There may be a couple of the new engines showing up at the races soon , and we can see if they are faster, keep your eyes open !

asadad00
03-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Thanks Mark, They have changed more than i thought . So the next question is how much, are they the same price or did the price go up with the improvements? are they in stock , or do you have to wait 10 years? LOL

Logan #34's Dad
03-30-2011, 07:13 PM
All the above!!!!
Of course they will be more money! They know we will spend it so little Johnny can beat little Billy. I'd love to know the REAL mark-up.

Coley'sdad#8
03-31-2011, 08:32 AM
I like the quality of the S-6 cranks BUT out of the box on 2 different ones I didn't feel they were balanced as good as they should be when I tested them so I took care of it to my liking:eek2:
Think outside the BBBBBB
O O
XXXXXX
remember there is a full 1/2" of dead space behind the variator where all your electric start crap used to be where SOMEBODY could easily mount a small fluid filled balancer:confused:
whoodathunkit:eek2: very simple concept thats got people a scratchin their heads now:D

As for a gain I don't know, everybody has seen 70's that will run with 90's ect and for the extra 3cc's I believe your down to splitting hairs with piston weight, rotating mass ect.

hotquads1
03-31-2011, 03:25 PM
price is only about 75$ more . Availability, well its sorta like snipe hunting , actually finding one is fairly rare. The first shipment will be in the U.S. on Wednesday, anyone interested should contact their dealer as soon as possible , and i would guess most of them will be sold before they hit the ground.
. Chris your correct the S-6 crank is good but could be better, i have had several customers break the S-6 cranks as well as the 2Fast cranks , and it can tear your cylinder up also , so as I said an improved crank sounds good to me . 2 or 3 cc's can't amount to much , although bore remains same so no more weight to the assembley , on the 89 kit the head is modified and the crank is stroked a little more making the extra cc's.

Coley'sdad#8
03-31-2011, 07:28 PM
Yeah Marc, I didn't know the bore would be the same, but it could be intesting results with the stroke change:cool:
Either way a better balanced crank HAS to help @ those rpm's
definately on the variator side where that crank bearing gets a pretty severe loading. ????? extra bearing in that extra 1/2" of shim where the starter crap was maybe to hep out??
get Loomis on it:D

hotquads1
04-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Chris , i like your fluid dampner idea but that would be condsiderabkle weight to add to the crank , but if mr Loomis made one out of carbon fiber and filled it with kevlar fluid , hhmmm, we could be on to something .

TTracer#22
04-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Well since I'm the closest to Mr Loomis I get the first one! :D

hotquads1
04-04-2011, 06:17 PM
It appears the new cylinder does run better than the previous one , by looking at the front runners at the nationals you can see a pattern starting to form . Gonna make for some good raCING THIS YEAR !

BradLoomis
04-04-2011, 06:46 PM
You guys kill me:D

Logan #34's Dad
04-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Hey Marc, For what it's worth - There is a Helmet Cam of Logan out pulling all of these motors at Ballance with our "old" 2fast. Had it by a 1/2 quad but the other rider ended up with better position. Then Logan just got out rode from there. So, What I'm trying to say is: If you already have a 2fast,I don't believe it's worth the money to build another. IMO. If I find the picture I'll put a link here.
http://www.photostockplus.com/home.php?user_id=67454&tmpl=167&event=805343&action=viewphoto&photo_id=43670593&album_id=805352&pcount=44

don bassani
04-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Are you running the sponge now Rock ? That pic shows your quad pulling!!

Logan #34's Dad
04-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Ah Don, I didn't want ppl to know. Glad YOU let me in on You'alls secret on exactly how to do it the right way.
:devil:
I watched the video that goes to this picture and Logan actually got a bad jump off the gate and pulled by.
Did u see our quad for the start of the 90cvt moto2? That baby came from the longest possible spot on the gate to the holeshot until some lil italian boy come slamming into the corner. LOL.

don bassani
04-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Hey Rock,I put a 1 quart bottle of calmine lotion in your trailer,you will need it for your hives you'll have on Wednesday.If you need more lotion call Wotring ,he sells it by the gallon.

thequadfather+2
04-04-2011, 08:39 PM
nice pic, I think Jordan is a little more to the right...:D

Coley'sdad#8
04-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Just kidding about the fluid balancer addition, they don't work well on a single cylinder engine, there was a popular crank co. that back in the 80's worked on a mercury filled hollow composite crank but it wouldnt ever stay balanced @ high rpms and would come apart with DEVASTATING force:eek2:
Bruce, looks like there might have been some smiles in the ole vacationmobile on the trip back home with Jordan's 5th and 3rd finishes:D good job

thequadfather+2
04-05-2011, 05:46 PM
thanks Chris, finally.....We couldnt finish a moto in Georgia, Pell city wasnt much better and finally got a little better luck in Kentucky....yes the trip home was much better. I dont think anyone spoke 3 words the entire trip home from Pell City. We blew a new motor Friday but heck we finished every race on sat/sun and didnt flip anything this week....:D

The 50 is beating me now, I cant get it clutched right....got a bunch of work to do this Saturday.

Thanks for the props man.

asadad00
05-02-2011, 09:20 PM
UPDATE . got the new 2fast engine running and its certainly faster then our original 2fast motor,anybody looking to get the holeshot thiis is the ticket. the crank is very nice and revs quicker with almost no vibration. in a 200' foot test run it is about 1/2 second quicker, i think that will be worth about 3 quad lengths on the holeshot.

Logan #34's Dad
05-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Which crank did you choose? I ask because it's my understanding that there are two versions. Also, is the clutching the exact same as your prior 2fast? Make sure we are comparing apples to apples.

raidernut
05-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Good old mini quad world........spend $1500 on a national caliber engine package, and 6 months later they come out with one thats 3 quad lengths faster. Now you fork out $2000 for the "updated" version, and consider yourself lucky to recoup $500 on your old one. Then just when you get er dialed in, the "new" version comes out again. Oh and dont forget you have to get the latest $500 pipe that gets better every 6 months to go with it. This is getting insane for "normal" folks to have to compete at this level. im counting down the days to get away from these bank account siphoning minis!!

Logan #34's Dad
05-03-2011, 07:47 PM
I hear ya Mark! I'm considering going right to a 300 for next year. Stay local until I feel he is ready to join back with the National circuit.
AND I'd put my "OLD" version 2fast up against any NEW one to turn one anyday....
Don't believe the hype!

asadad00
05-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
Which crank did you choose? I ask because it's my understanding that there are two versions. Also, is the clutching the exact same as your prior 2fast? Make sure we are comparing apples to apples.

I got the new standard 44 stroke crank. the clutching really surprised me , I went up in roller weight 3 grams .5 each , it accelerates like a jet and never stops pulling, everything else stayed the same. Before the belt would travel about 3/8 from the top now its clean to the top , I am afraid the belt may come out top of pulley if it was possible. I must have got a good deal I only paid 1550 for the updated version.
Hey Logan34'sdad, let me know if you get the holeshot at the next race with your old style , cause if you do i want to send you my old one and let you give it the magic touch, cause it ain't close to the new one.

Logan #34's Dad
05-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Ok. I hope I can help ya out. Lol. If you click on the link to the picture in my prior post, the quads we are ahead of are two new versions.
I've been around this business too long to listen to the hype. I can't see spending another $1550 for about the same performance. There are just too many variables that make people think one is faster than another. There is one guy we race against (bassani) who has stuck with last years "old" Hetrick pipe instead of using the "newest" pipe and has beat all of us to turn one. Sooooooo.
See ya all at turn one with $1550 in my pocket. :blah:

asadad00
05-03-2011, 09:17 PM
good point, but maybe he has the old pipe and the new version cylinder kit hmm.. then you will have 1550 in your pocket and a good view of his old tailpipe as it turns the first corner in front you ...LOL but really i heard you guys spend 1000$ in a weekend to attend a national race, if thats the case why not spend a few dollars more and let the other guy watch you turn the corner first ? hmm..

Logan #34's Dad
05-03-2011, 09:35 PM
That is very possible and probably the case. I guess what I wanna say is, if you already own a 2fast, it may not be worth the coin to go to the newer version. Most of us parents are afraid to admit that maybe our rider just ain't pushing the quad to its limits. We think that if we get the latest/greatest package he will win. Not true. If you currently own a 2fast, I don't believe a new version will be worth the money in MOST cases. Or if you got a decent engine builder - just have them adjust the port in your current system and save $.

asadad00
05-03-2011, 09:48 PM
yea I see your point and its true in most cases but my little driver tends to get a better finish when he gets a good start. your kid may get 5th or 6th in holeshot and pass them all before the finish , not mine if he gets around the corner 1st or 2nd he does well , usually wins , but if he is further back in the traffic then he gets spooked and does not ride the same so i feel that extra 3 bike lengths makes the difference.

LT80
05-04-2011, 08:07 AM
1500 for 1/2 second......That calculates to 3 bike lengths...
I'm not so sure about that.
I suppose that if your timing finger is perfect you can measure a 1/2 second in 200'
Get that down to 1/2 second in 50' and I'll think 1500 might be worth it.......
ok, ok,, I wont ever think it's worth it for sub second results.
Now we need to get the gate thing down pat. LOL
I think if you get your 60 pound rider down to 35 pounds you can shave 3/4 second off.....
Sorry for the sarcasm but I'm just amazed at the mini world now days. Or should I say I'm amazed at the parents.
$1500 kits, $500 pipes, and on and on.
:rolleyes:

bignasty
05-04-2011, 09:32 AM
:D :D $1500 dollars buys a lot of refreshments!!!:D :D

Logan #34's Dad
05-08-2011, 06:06 AM
Ok boys, here's a video from Saturday's holeshot. The quad right next to Logan is the "New cylinder" as is at least 3 of the others. ALL our teammates incuding my engine are put together by MaxRPM. But remember mine is ALL stock and theirs is fully ported and tuned.......
Trying to post the video from my Blackberry:
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EUTnu2gaRvA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CLUTCHING BOYS!!!!
Holeshots tell who's stuff is right, riders determine finishing positions.
Remember: All I want the readers of this post to understand is that IF you already have a 2fast - you DON'T need to run out and buy the newer version. If your ready to build one - you'll get the latest version anyhow.
I may just prefer the older one anyhow.....:devil:

Logan #34's Dad
05-11-2011, 08:01 AM
UPDATED IN PRIOR THREAD

LT80
05-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Sorry to get off topic but I heard the announcer interview a mini rider..
AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That puts ol banger to shame...LOL