PDA

View Full Version : I want a new Build.... Should I gamble on this one?

stever250r
03-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Well, some might rmember my old build, that I had to part out a few years back to help my daughter with medical bills and funeral expenses for her 6 month old daughter.

My old build.....

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=345414

I am now looking to replace it, and want to build another. I do not however want to start from scratch like I did the last one and have been looking for something cheap, that is mostly complete.

I found this bike today, but I am in New York on a work assignment and can not go view it in person. I was told the top end is blown and off the bike and the rear brake caliper is shot. Everything else is supposedly there. I believe I can pick it up for about $700.00 Its hard to tell anything from the phone pictures he sent me, but I am thinking this could be a good start for a reasonable price. What do you guys think? Jump on it before its gone without seeing it in person?

stever250r
03-29-2011, 08:10 PM
pic

stever250r
03-29-2011, 08:17 PM
pic

stever250r
03-29-2011, 08:25 PM
pic

Honda 250r 001
03-29-2011, 08:51 PM
700, to me doesnt seem too bad if the frame is in good shape. It looks like the 450r front shocks have been revalved. The plastic looks a little tough though maybe. Buying all those little parts will nicke and dime you to death! If this bike is complete i believe it would be a pretty decent buy.

Honda5
03-30-2011, 04:53 AM
that sounds like a good price to me.

stever250r
03-31-2011, 12:03 AM
Well, I took the plunge and made a move on this quad.

Guess I will find out what I have in a few weeks. Last time I started with nothing but an Arens Frame and had to find and buy everything as I went....

This time I am going to stay with the stock frame, and as many as the stock parts that can be used for MX as I can...

I want to keep the cost down, but have a good solid MX Bike that I can hit the track with. Nothing too fancy on this one.. I am pushing 40 years old...but just cant stay away..... Im thinking just the really important things first, and I will be looking for deals once I get to the tear down and figure out exactly what it is that I even bought.. .LOL,,,

I really just wanted another Project!!!

red88r
03-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Good luck on the build. Building them is just as much fun as ridin them imo. I'm sure if you need any help along the way-there is alot of knowledge on this site and at 250R.NET