PDA

View Full Version : Who's headed to Ballance?

Logan #34's Dad
03-29-2011, 03:04 PM
So, who's all headed to the Bluegrass state?
Logan will be there to compete in: 90cvt and 90 Auto Sr.

mkeane
03-29-2011, 05:55 PM
We will be their
Gaige 50 CVT
Kierstin Girls production

jungleboy213
03-29-2011, 06:03 PM
We'll be there with our National debut. I think I am more nervous than Noah is.

Logan #34's Dad
03-29-2011, 06:33 PM
We've all been there brotha, You'll find out that it's not as intimidating as you may think. There are all different levels of riders just like a local race. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
You'll end up getting sucked in and become part of the traveling circus like the rest of us.
Couple quick things to keep in mind: If you get there on Thursday, try to register then. You'll need to rent a Transponder 1st, then register for classes.
Be prepared to pay per person at the gate to get into the facility.
Bring cash because it's easier.
Bring extra toilet paper - before he goes out to race, I guarantee you'll need it cause your stomach will be doing flip-flops! LMAO!

jungleboy213
03-30-2011, 12:27 AM
LOL..Toilet paper...Yeah, I'll need plenty of that. This is going to be more for seat time and experience (For us and him). I just started eating at our local races. I was so nervous, I wouldn't eat on raceday( I lost 7 lbs. in one day, last year.) I know this weekend will be a lot of fun. Plus, there is plenty of help there if we get in a pinch.

One thing I tell him on the gate is, "Give me 100%." If he pushes himself, I can't complain about anything. I know he'll give me 100%.

STOCKRACING917
03-30-2011, 06:26 AM
Good luck this weekend, Noah. Welcome to the Nats. Come by the Youth Contengency Bake Sale booth and introduce yourselves!

thequadfather+2
03-30-2011, 07:31 AM
Leaving Thursday @ 4pm with 2 wild indians and some girl I met 14 years ago.

The wild indians hit the track in 90cvt, 90 auto JR and 50cvt. We were part-time last year, joined the circus this year.

yours truly,
Mr half stepper.:D

jake55
03-30-2011, 08:07 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by thequadfather+2
[B]Leaving Thursday @ 4pm with 2 wild indians and some girl I met 14 years ago.

now that's funny stuff!!!!!

were hitting the road tonight.

90cvt, 70cvt and if the girl i met 14 years ago gets her way (again) 90auto jr.

IMPORTANT REMINDER TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!

LOCK YOUR COOLERS UP AFTER DARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DTRacing25
03-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Rock was are right on with the "traveling circus" there is no other show like it on earth.....I feel you your pain on the first national race! Its one of the best and biggest families on the planet though and we all watch out for one another, whether it being stuck on the side of the road with a flat or being stuck on the side of the track with a broken quad, we always seem to help one another. Welcome to the family! You're going to love it. Good luck!
Quadfather I hope you are bringing your camera as usual?

don bassani
03-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Bassani crew will be there.40/41

thequadfather+2
03-30-2011, 10:25 AM
The video from last year's race was pretty good but I had more time to film because nothing broke.....I hope I can get most all the youth classes this time too.

#404's Dad
03-30-2011, 10:47 AM
We'll be there I think, haven't even unloaded the quads or anything else out of the trailer from Alabama yet though lol.

Ryko racing
03-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Nice Corey, thats because you worked all day sunday in OUR 150.

Thanks again for taking the time on a sunday to help us ....

Good luck.

121dad
03-30-2011, 12:28 PM
121 heading out tonight 90limited and girls

coffing918
03-30-2011, 06:36 PM
Suffolk Racing Crew, Leaving New Jersey tonight~
J.J. Coffing 50cvt-
Lea Concepcion_girls/prod
and coming back after breaking his collar bone on sunday in Georiga in the 90mod practice will be #799 Nick Major he finished 2nd in the 90 mod on saturday and then sunday had the accident,

EthansDad
03-30-2011, 08:07 PM
IMPORTANT REMINDER TO ALL!!!!!!!!!! LOCK YOUR COOLERS UP AFTER DARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL BEER THIEVES - BRING LOCK PICKS, THEY ARE ON TO US!:devil:

we're healed and on the road tomorrow.

-EA

quadnana7
03-30-2011, 10:49 PM
To everyone dont forget to bring your goodies by to the youth trailer. Look for me you cant miss me I am the fat grey haired lady in the power wheelchair for those that dont know me or see Paula Stockton or Lisa Devenport.

Rocky
I am expecting a couple dozen donuts from you and we want the good ones . Dont be eating them on the ride down:D :D :D

jungleboy213
04-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Well, it's finally nice to put faces with names. We had a really good time this weekend. I'm sorry I didn't get to introduce myself to some, but Noah broke his arm in practice Sunday morning. He landed funny on the double after the big tabletop and before the finish line. He said his arm hurt but he wanted to race. (If I would have known it was broke, he would not have raced.) He finished the second moto and then he told me he was in a lot of pain. I took him up to and EMT friend of mine and he told me it might be broke. We will have to wait till Loretta's to see everyone else again. Noah got some valueable seat time this weekend and I learned alot, too. We'll see you guys in August.

thequadfather+2
04-04-2011, 03:15 PM
nice to meet you, hope the arm gets better soon. Hope yall enjoyed it otherwise.

neveready
04-04-2011, 04:45 PM
A lot of injuries there this time to the youth riders. They made some changes, but most weren't evedint to the little guys. The double after the finish was the worst!! the backed it up like 4 feet?? last year the minis could do it. This year some could, but after my son being the first one to figure out it wasn't the same as last year I wouldn't let him anymore.

We were leaving and my son says word for word "I'm glad thats the last victory watersports race we'll go to this year!" I was tired already and worn out so I got a real kick out of it!!

You 90 sr parents should get a kick out of it too!!

Good luck to all in Maryland!!

DTRacing25
04-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Tell the boys we said good job this weekend for us. By the way, the "Watersports" comment will be a classic for sure. Nothing like watering the heck out of, and tilling the heck out of the starting gate area, and continue to water the rest of the track, during the race, while the little guys are out there trying to keep it on four wheels! Brilliant!

don bassani
04-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Not to mention watering the face of jumps and hair pin turns while the race is going on !!! The guys watering would not do that if his or her child was out there.

121dad
04-04-2011, 06:20 PM
dont think you saw the dozer on the track about 100' away from the 70 class led by the 40 coming around a blind corner. didnt think a dozer went that fast in reverse. But victory has always been the best on keeping a good safe race track.

EthansDad
04-04-2011, 06:27 PM
yea, moto 1 in the 50 limited class they cut the track for the first time - three guys standing around a mud pit they just scraped that was the new "corner" for the 50 class. I ran down there to make sure the kids got though all right, and the three of them were just starring at each other when #22 was like 20 ft from them. I yelled heads up guys, here they come, and then finally they started pointing the kids around the corner. looked like E was about to hook a left when he should have been taking a right.

#404's Dad
04-05-2011, 09:39 AM
My boy said they were plowing the area in between the tunnel jump and the big step up during the race as well, pretty crappy to do that while quads are racing and especially while mini quads are out there imo, had him a lil shook up not ever knowing what the next jump or turn would be like.

Also I know a few dads had their hands up for the 2 Minute deal to wait for the water to soak in a bit on the top of the hill for the start and they paid no attention and dropped the gate in one of the 70 classes.

Whatever I guess, just a bunch of mini parents being pain in the asses I guess right, lol.

Ryko racing
04-05-2011, 10:15 AM
hOW ABOUT WHEN THEY TILLED THE CORNER PAST THE BIG UPHILL JUMP BETWEEN LAP 1 AND 2 OF THE I THINK 70 CVT MOTO ON SATURDAY.( before the pros)

I SAW THE KIDS COME OVER THE HILL ON LAP 2 TO A FESH PILE OF CLAY CLUMPS ......

i GUESS THEY REALLY DONT NEED US mini parents AS THE TURNOUTS LOOK LARGER THAN EVER ......... they probabaly wouldn t miss 200 entries..... LOL

its a good thing our sport is being PROMOTED at least im told it is.

I also dont understand why they groom for the pros. These guys train to ride rough tracks..... I would be embarrassed if i was a Pro and they made the track smooth for me. ( I KNOW A FEW OF THE PROS WERE COMPLAINING LAST YEAR THAT THE TRACKS WERE NOT ROUGH ENOUGH.)

But as a whole I think Victory did a decent job this year.

coffing918
04-05-2011, 10:28 AM
They also tilled the top half of the holeshot right before moto2 of the 50 cvt class.

Logan #34's Dad
04-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Ya know, a little common sense for the person in charge of track maintenance would go a LONG way. Look at the running order and do the grooming before a stretch of big quads. We all want the track safe for our kids so for them to "clean up" the breaking bumps is great BUT to wet the faces and approaches to jumps was just damn stupid!
Logan said the track was like ice is the 90 Auto Sr. Class.

EthansDad
04-05-2011, 10:42 AM
yea you nailed it rocky. I watched them water the track DURING all three 50 classes! E told me and can see it in the video him going up some of the jump faces sideways - like ice it was for sure.

I think they do it because the minis are "slower' than the big quad classes and they have more time around each lap for watering - which I guess is true. on the plus side, we did get out of there early. so do we choose - wet jumps, or pause the racing 1-2 hrs a day and get out of there late - or option 3, just screw up the big quads ---yea yea, option 3!!

Ryko racing
04-05-2011, 11:10 AM
I understand both sides of the process. BUT WHY WATER THE FACE OF THE BIG UPHILL THAT THE KIDS WERE JUMPING. I KNOW OF ONE YOUNG MAN WHO IS OUT FOR 8 WKS BEACAUSE HE CAME UP SHORT.

#404's Dad
04-05-2011, 12:01 PM
You wanna talk about slick like ice, you should see a TT track after being watered, they'd do the same chit there, water before minis go out, smooth clay watered is like grease!! One time I asked why they did it and was told, the kids like riding in mud!! Who knows . . . . .