PDA

View Full Version : Razr2

emullen
03-29-2011, 12:41 PM
is anyone running Razr2 tires? I was just wondering as the lugs are quite deep and wondering if the the std RAZRs or ITP holeshot XCR are a better choice for XC. I ran the XCR fine and switched to Razr2 and it seems sometimes they hook up too much and even on some XC tracks have some trouble pulling top gear. I am running 20/11/9 rear with a 270 LRD pv motor and I have tried different gearing combo- usually run 13/39. Some people had mentioned these were more designed for the 4 stroke torque- not sure if that is true or not. I have thought about wearing them down a bit or trading them out.

thx

troybilt
03-29-2011, 03:36 PM
I ran the Razr2's on my bike... I didn't think they were that great of a tire, too heavy IMO, but the desert guys like them cause they are virtually bullet proof. If I was to do it over again it would run Razr2's on the front, original Razrs on the rear... I agree I think they were designed around the 4 pokers... $0.02

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/my%20250r%20Build/DSCN0966.jpg

skyeryder
03-29-2011, 03:49 PM
what he said^^^^^^^ razr2 up frt and razr rears take a look at some of the pros quad they groove the razr rears, that's what I've done to mine and they hook up great but still slide when you want them to.

Only thing is I'm switching to DWT xc's my boy got sponsored by them so I figured we both better run them... will let you know what I think

IcutMetl
03-30-2011, 02:11 PM
I have the Razr 2's in 21" fronts and 20x11x10 rears on one of my R's; it has a mild engine build on a stock jug; stock ratio gearing. They are heavy, and they hook up like mad. They are awesome tires; very tough and chug thru a lot of stuff my buddy on his 'shee with regular razr's could only dream of going thru. For my style of riding, I'd almost think a Holeshot XCR (had them on 400ex & loved 'em) or the regular Razr would work best. I think if you have a torquey motor and rode in all around to sloppy conditions, they are tough to beat, but if on the dryer side of things the Razr would allow for more controllable tire spin.

All in all, a great tire...but for me they definitely shine brigtest when the going gets sloppy.