PDA

View Full Version : Help Help Help Help Help Please!

dxcody
03-29-2011, 12:45 AM
okay.. i have a 2004 yamaha yfz 450 2008 motor, 2007 carb.. 168 main, 45 pilot.. FULL sparks exhaust everything is screwed in all the way except the air fuel, it is 2 screws out.. i tried adjusting the needle from the leanest setting (1) to the richest setting (7) and it still does the same thing... idles all day, fine if you feather or pump the gas, but if you hold it in one spot for a 1/2 second, it cuts out and shuts off.. i can take off in 1st if i let out on the clutch real slow and just let it idle but if i hold the gas in any spot she just dies... any idea's? i have cleaned the carb about 4 times now. Too much gas? not enough? i read somewhere that a guy was running a 175 main and i was wondering if i should do the same or can i just tune it in with what i got. thanks!

Stark
03-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Have you checked to make sure your fuel filter isn't clogged up? Sounds like fuel is just trickling into the carb bowl, then it runs out of fuel.

There should be a filter either on the fuel petcock and/or in the tank where the petcock bolts onto the tank.

Had an ol honda rancher do that on me once.

Just a thought!

dennis45
03-29-2011, 06:35 PM
CHECK OUT THE RUBBER GASKET AROUND THE SLIDE

dxcody
03-29-2011, 11:25 PM
ok so i did ^^^ all that and when i pulled off the carb i hooked it back up to the throttle and it only squirts gas out when the needle first lifts up and then it stops, if i hold the throttle it should squirt an even flow right??

fearlessfred
04-02-2011, 03:28 AM
i have not worked on the carb u are talking about but it sounds like it has an accelerater pump on it and it would only squirt fuel with with motion of the throttle. it would not continue to squirt fuel after opening throttle.the fuel is drawn in by the vaccum the motor makes.i think stark is on track when he suggested that you have a fuel delivery problem