PDA

View Full Version : drr50 newbie

fultz416ex
03-28-2011, 07:03 PM
I just bought a 2006 drr50 for my son. he is still a little small for it, but I got a good deal on it. It is the single arm model. I am looking for a set of new front tires and was wondering what else would fit this quad from other models? Thanks

EthansDad
03-30-2011, 08:16 PM
most all of the standard DRR stuff will fit. can mod that engine the same as the newer ones, takes to it quite well. I've had some experience on that 06 model with one of our local guys, and I think its narrower than then new ones, and the front is is screwy such that you might not be able to fit on a dual a-arm kit, or other after market shocks. double check me, but I think they made a regular 06 model, then a 06 and 1/2 model. one of those the front end was junk and will not take fitments of dual a-arms, or upgraded shocks without getting the welder out.

all in all, a very good bike. I'd let him/her ride it until they start pushing real hard, then maybe look for a newer one to start putting $$ in for mods. if you really want to keep that one, you might look at getting a 2010/2011 frame, that way you can move your stuff over and get dual a-arms and other suspension mods you might like, but the cost to do that is not a big savings over getting another used 09/10, etc.

I think it takes different rear brake pads too than the new ones - I want to say all the newer ones take the green style, and this one is blue, or the other way around - either way, it takes the older style.

-EA