PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

THR36
03-28-2011, 03:01 PM
I just recently purchased the exit shocks front and rear and the ars fx a arms. my first race last week my front was to soft and it felt like the bike was rolling over in the corners and in the ruts? also in the rear i would hit a little jump and bottom on the linkage skid plate? any suggestions?

also i just put on a precision pro steering stabalizer and was wondering what a good setup was for hare scramble races..

just looking for some advice.

thanks guys

fastredrider44
03-28-2011, 09:47 PM
It would be worth your while to send your shocks to zbroz and have them make adjustments. That's a very good suspension set-up on the Honda right now and Mike can really make them work. If you call them and tell them your problems, they will know what to do.

DnB_racing
03-29-2011, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by THR36
I just recently purchased the exit shocks front and rear and the ars fx a arms. my first race last week my front was to soft and it felt like the bike was rolling over in the corners and in the ruts? also in the rear i would hit a little jump and bottom on the linkage skid plate? any suggestions?

also i just put on a precision pro steering stabalizer and was wondering what a good setup was for hare scramble races..

just looking for some advice.

thanks guys if you purchased new get in contact with them to help with setup it would be the cheapest way out and get the right setup for your riding..

but if bought used do what fastredrider says and have them serviced by someone that knows that type of suspension

as far as your stabilizer I personally like to set mine stiff, as I have bad wrists and would rather work a little harder and not re-brake my wrists, but its more of a personal preference and its really something you will have to experiment with..you have to find your comfort spot with the right mix of protection and comfort

dustin_j
03-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Are the shocks built for your setup and weight? If so, try reducing your crossover gap to get less body roll. Sorry, I don't understand what you mean about the rear? Are you saying the linkage hits the ground?

THR36
03-30-2011, 06:55 PM
ya sometimes the linkage skid plate hits the ground like it bottoms out. i have been talking to them and been adjusting the past few days.. its def getting better.

still working on the stabalizer a little bit. trying to get it dialed in a litle better.

also your handlebars how do you guys have them? do you have them down to you a little or straight up? if down a little will that make a difference with arm pump