PDA

View Full Version : Rausch Creek Trailriders, PA

Duceswild
03-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Hey, Just wondering if anyone who has membership at Rausch Creek be willing to dish out some 411 on whether they like it as compared to a Slippery Rock Dunes or Breezewood Proving Grounds. We have about 15 of us and 8 or 9 kids ranging in age from 13 to 3. All of us are in Mid to south Jersey and google says it's about 2hrs and 40mins for me which isn't bad at all for a weekend. Any information at all would be greatly appreciated.

trx250r 88
03-28-2011, 01:48 PM
its been a couple years since i have been there.when i went there rausch creek had a mx track and some trails,i dont think the mx track is still open.a few miles down the road was tower city.i liked tower city alot. there are tons of trails,some are rocky.i liked it better than breezewood because there is alot to explore.there is a membership fee check that out on there web site.

BLINGSTAR 400EX
03-29-2011, 06:33 PM
i'm pretty sure your bike has to be registered and insured to ride there. at least thats what i remember reading on the website. i could be wrong, but if anyone knows for sure, please don't hesitate.

BLINGSTAR 400EX
03-30-2011, 02:58 AM
ok,you dont need to be registered and insured to go here but the rates are as follows. 2011 membership fees are $330 per adult. $550 for two from same household, and $50 for kids. Each member is allowed 3 guests per visit and must pay $50 for each guest. plus a $25 insurance liability fee applies to each rider.

Duceswild
03-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Yea, I saw the web site. the Fee's not with standing, I was interested in whether or not most folks found the experience worth the investment. Here your kinda locked in, you cant go to check it out to see if you would like to join....No Day tripping. They claim thats to keep it Family oriented, which I'm OK with so long as it's the best bang for the buck. Our group has alot of childern and it sounds ok, it's not that far away but just wanted to hear Yea or Nah from those who may have been there, before I make a comitmment.

trx250r 88
03-30-2011, 05:43 PM
i have been to alot of places riding over the years.i think it is a great place to ride,there are lots of marked trails.i just got back from hatfeild mccoy (pinnacle creek) the trails at tower city are alot like hatfeild but a little more rocks in some areas.

joelinz00
04-01-2011, 06:31 PM
According to the website, Breezewoods wilderness trail is closed for 2011 due to EPA issues.

panteramatt
04-02-2011, 08:34 AM
Im sorry but I would NEVER pay that much to ride. Thats nuts!!! Pa has just as good spots for a fraction of the price. Problem is where I go I wouldnt take kids.

Prime Target
04-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Carbondale/Forrest City PA. Miles of trails and hill climbs. Was there on Sunday. It was awesome.

OldGuyonaQuad
04-05-2011, 04:59 PM
There is a nice little place just past Poconoa Raceway called Pohopoco Tract aka Dixon Miller. It's free, they say you need paper work but I didn't see any officals the three times I went (all this past winter). No 2 wheelers though.

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/pennsylvania_03352/ride_87f2.htm

It's a little more then a two hour ride for me (depending on traffic and how many I am towing) and I live just outside of Phila. in SJ

525polaris10
04-13-2011, 05:29 PM
I am a tctri member for the last 2 years. I live in north Jersey and have been looking for spots for a while. A buddy told me about it and took me out there. That day I got back I bought a membership and it was truly the best investment quad related that I have ever made besides buy a 525irs. There is just about 10000 acres of all types of riding and a bunch of off property riding if u meet the rite people;-) theres mud pits, dirt, sand, COAL, grass and of course rocks. People complain all day about the rocks because they don't know where to ride there. Again its all about goin with someone who knows. There's plenty of gnarly hill climbs, straight aways that ur quad/DB will be topped out for a couple mins, tight trails, wide trails. Basically what I'm trying to say is there is something there for everyone to enjoy. Especially the younger riders. There are plenty of spots to bring ur kids to learn. The scenery is beautiful and riding thru some of the coal pits is a really cool experience. U can also camp overnite at no charge. Bring ur RV or tent and make it a weekend trip. The place is big enough that u wont get all the trails in 2 days.
yea a membership might cost you some money but this is an expensive sport. Also this prevents all the a**holes that ruin the great spots we used to have and also keeps it clean. 330+25 for the insurance. U are allowed 3 guests and they gotta pay 50 each. Someone commented that there is 25 for insurance for each rider. This is true and false. 25 is mandatory insurance for ALL members. Not guests. To me and alot of my friends 50 is worth the experience. I just went last week and did 57 miles with a rzr s n my 525 n didn't see the same trail twice. If u like to ride trails n not in a small circle this is the place to go. N not to mention never having to look over ur shoulder for the cops!

If u wanna ride n r not cheap pm me and we will set something up.

Oh and tctri(tower city trail riders) is not where the Mx park is. That was rauch creek off road park and the mx track is closed.

525polaris10
04-26-2011, 12:23 PM
going out to tower this friday if anyone would like to join.

OldGuyonaQuad
04-26-2011, 01:11 PM
yea I hear all good things about tower city from their members, but for $300 + one would need to go there at least once a month to make it worth while. It's good and bad that you must come as a guest, good if you know somebody bad if you don't. I guess it's good also becasue it limits the number of riders especially those without seasonal permits.

I can spend $125 for Trevorton (Reading Anthracite)and it's about the same distance from my house, just no camping, all though there are some spots you can camp but no water or electricity.

If I were going to join another one in PA I would consider Bloody Skillet (closed for season re opens 5/23)because they are making a connector trail to Snow Shoes Rail to Trails that would make a total of 40 + miles of trails.

IDK how much a pass for Bloody Skillet is but Snow shoes is $15-$25 much less then the $350 TC is asking for.