PDA

View Full Version : Did Arens make a No-Link frame??

CorvetteZ06
03-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Hey guys, I am going to go look at a Arens framed 250R, and the guy told me its a no-link frame. He is running a Roll Design no link swing arm with a Axis no link shock. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't recall if Arens made a no-link frame?? I thought they only made frames that used the oem link type setup?? Thanks!!

troybilt
03-28-2011, 09:49 AM
I'm pretty sure you can run a no link swinger with stock geometry frame, but the shock is much shorter... might be what he did. Arens Bro's could have also made a no link frame, but I've never seen one.

red88r
03-28-2011, 10:01 AM
I have never seen a no-link Arens Bros and have seen alot of their frames. Mostly all are stock geometry-replacement frames.

danhung11
03-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by red88r
I have never seen a no-link Arens Bros and have seen alot of their frames. Mostly all are stock geometry-replacement frames.

That is correct, they were all stock replacement frames - might have a no-link swingarm on it from Roll.

The frame utilizes a CR brake pedal, you will probably have an issue with the pipe mount down by the expanson chamber, it's off and needs a bracket made. Also, make sure you get all the motor mounts.

250Renvy
03-28-2011, 11:25 AM
A lot of people also don't know what they have and just go by what the guy before them told them. I can't count the number of ads I've seen with aftermarket frames, only to get a pic and see it's stock.

It's quite possible it has an LSR frame or was modded for no-link.

Telltale signs it's an arens is the a-star in the front between the shock towers and 88 style footpegs and the front motor mount is a one piece design + CR brake pedal.

CorvetteZ06
03-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by troybilt
I'm pretty sure you can run a no link swinger with stock geometry frame, but the shock is much shorter... might be what he did. Arens Bro's could have also made a no link frame, but I've never seen one.

ok, i'm thinking that's what he is running, I'm getting better pics tonight, I will verify then, thanks!!

CorvetteZ06
03-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
A lot of people also don't know what they have and just go by what the guy before them told them. I can't count the number of ads I've seen with aftermarket frames, only to get a pic and see it's stock.

It's quite possible it has an LSR frame or was modded for no-link.

Telltale signs it's an arens is the a-star in the front between the shock towers and 88 style footpegs and the front motor mount is a one piece design + CR brake pedal.

Exactly, I can see from the pic he sent me it def. has a CR style brake pedal... he's sending me better pics tonight, I will look for the star near the shock towers and the front motor mount, thanks!!

CorvetteZ06
03-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
That is correct, they were all stock replacement frames - might have a no-link swingarm on it from Roll.

The frame utilizes a CR brake pedal, you will probably have an issue with the pipe mount down by the expanson chamber, it's off and needs a bracket made. Also, make sure you get all the motor mounts.

thanks for the info, I have read about the custom mounting for the exhaust. In the past I've had laeger frames, LSR, Roll, etc.. seems like they all have their own little quirks...

CorvetteZ06
03-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by red88r

thats what i thought.... thank you!

rayman375
03-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
They don't always have the logo between the shock mounts, but most of the time do.

SilverLake250R
03-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by troybilt

This is a good setup for a stock frame, much improvement over the linkage. The downside is the frame gets more stress when run this way, and it is more likely to break with a heavier rider, however, I am 220lb and mine has been fine. I would imagine with the stronger Arens frame you would be fine for sure.

MANIAK 88R
03-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Prior to my Laeger Chassis, I had a stock 89. I bought a no-link works shock and bolted it to the stock aluminum swingarm. The set up worked great and it was definately better than the linkage.

I ran a really pipey 310 and with the linkage the bike would just wheelie when the band hit.

With the no-link it just hooked and booked, no wheelie.

smoke tractor1
03-28-2011, 07:52 PM
The shock tower should be raised if it's a no-link frame, make sure you get the intake boot and look at the air box if he still has it there a bit-- to rig solid on that set up,roll and gibson both made that retrofit no-link to stock frame set up and used the ******* length shock, one of the rarer set ups for sure!