PDA

View Full Version : 300ex-no fire

jyd440ex
03-27-2011, 08:16 PM
got a 00 300 ex (wife's bike ) that was running fine for a warm up lap around yard ,shut it down to get daughter's bike ready and it hasnt ran since. i have a honda service manual and going by the flowchart the cdi is bad, but a swapped with a known good cdi and still no fire. anybody got any pointers?? thanks in advance

250rsforlife
03-27-2011, 08:38 PM
did u check all the easy stuff like spark, gas, kill switch (this has happened to me b4), fuel on, loose connectionto battery, clogged fuel line/tank

smr
03-28-2011, 05:46 AM
by no fire I assume you mean, it turns over but the plug doesn't spark.

2504sforlife gave some good advice. Always start with the plug, change it. Next I would change the coil. If that don't fix check the wire haness.

Rarely do they go bad on a 300ex but the only other thing would be the stator.

jyd440ex
03-29-2011, 06:34 PM
i have no spark. i have checked the harness for continuity, the coil, the stator, kill switch and ignition switch, all per a honda service manual. all test show good or within ohm range so manual says cdi but i swapped with a good one and still no fire. i had bypassed reverse box, but it ran fine for several rides after, and i put it back but still no fire. i am ready to kill this thing and get another 400ex, can anyone save this 300 from a painfull death? thanks in advance

smr
03-30-2011, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by jyd440ex
i have no spark. i have checked the harness for continuity, the coil, the stator, kill switch and ignition switch, all per a honda service manual. all test show good or within ohm range so manual says cdi but i swapped with a good one and still no fire. i had bypassed reverse box, but it ran fine for several rides after, and i put it back but still no fire. i am ready to kill this thing and get another 400ex, can anyone save this 300 from a painfull death? thanks in advance

I still say swap it out with a known good coil. Also, check your kill switch, make sure it isn't shorted. That's a common problem.

The next step would be to check your ground.

Israeli 300EX
04-22-2011, 06:45 PM
First of all – sorry for my English…

I had same issue some years ago.
After long investigation I found that ther was a problem in a plastic plug that connecting the wire harness.

As far I can remember, That plastic plug is connecting 6 or 8 wires.
Can't remember which one is broken but you can find it easy by testing connectivity of the line thru the plug.
If I remember well – it is the upper one.

That plug itself locate on the left hand of the frame, up and left of the engine,
It is next to your left knee if you are seating on the bike.

Good Luck
Boaz

Israeli 300EX
04-22-2011, 06:46 PM
BTW, That line feeds the coil

jyd440ex
04-22-2011, 07:38 PM
thanks for the info, but i got her a 400ex and going to put cbr600 on 300ex frame