PDA

View Full Version : My first cyclinder resize job . .

Jay300ex
02-17-2003, 04:21 PM
Nobody probably cares, but I jumped another step in my wannabe mechanic career and did my first cyclinder bore today. I did it on a old XR200 my friend complained of poor power and white smoke. When I took it apart the rings were shot and there was a huge out of round in the cylinder. So we had ordered the new parts a while back I just needed a day to do it all. I just made triple checks on my measurements and made sure they were all exact down to .0003". Maybe I am just that good or I got lucky, everything went together perfectly, I just have to wait for the gasket kit cause he forgot to get that for me ( doh ).

Just thought I would share =)

Jay

CBW
02-17-2003, 04:39 PM
NICE!!!! I want to open a shop......ya know to powdercoat and polish stuff for quads,,,,,,,rebuild and sell quads.........sell aftermarket parts for quads,,,,,eat, sleep and dream quads......LOL...........the whole ball of wax...........:p Someday i guess;)

Good luck and keep up the good work

Jay300ex
02-17-2003, 05:02 PM
Yea thats one of my personal long term goals. Not so much goto buissness school and open my own retain dealership, but work as a motorcycle and ATV mechanic for a dealer, and have my own freelance shop at home where I race ready engines, build custom race machines, and stuff like that.

I will keep in line with this site for some good deals so you guys dont worry =)

Jay

CBW
02-17-2003, 05:12 PM
well i already have my own refrigeration business.........and i PC/polish/quad build on the side........i just want it to be the other way around LOL

Jay300ex
02-17-2003, 05:19 PM
Its always an option if you have a good amount of clientel (sp ) advertisment ect . . then maybe you could give up your day job. haha But then again, do people in **** ever ask for ice water? :devil

Jay

CBW
02-17-2003, 06:41 PM
ahhhhh,,,,,,,,,ice water is over rated,,,,,,,,,its not like quad stuff:p