PDA

View Full Version : Coolant port on back of cylinder popped out?

snacob14
03-27-2011, 05:51 PM
I was working on the break in today and after a hard accerlatation, the coolant elbow, at the back of the cylinder popped out? after it cooled down it wouldn't come out, what do I do to keep this thing in.

snacob14
03-28-2011, 10:37 AM
ttt

Langbolt
03-28-2011, 10:48 AM
I had a buddy have the same problem.....I removed the cylinder....heated it with a propane torch.....(not the fitting...just the cylinder area around the fitting) .....removed the spigot.....cooled it and cleaned it with solvent....dried it....and then re-installed it in the HOT socket with Red Threadlock!!!

Worked like a charm!

:devil:

derby
03-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Langbolt
I had a buddy have the same problem.....I removed the cylinder....heated it with a propane torch.....(not the fitting...just the cylinder area around the fitting) .....removed the spigot.....cooled it and cleaned it with solvent....dried it....and then re-installed it in the HOT socket with Red Threadlock!!!

Worked like a charm!

:devil:

When I cut stock heads I remove the coolant elbow from them. When I put them back together I just use teflon tape and take a rubber mallet and tap it back in and it holds up well.

snacob14
03-28-2011, 08:15 PM
I fired up the bike with some fresh water i it and a matter of minutes and a few full throttle hits it was working its way out again. I went ahead and popped it out and drained the water. Then JB welded it in. should be the fix.