PDA

View Full Version : Rear Shock Linkage (need photo)

BLINGSTAR 400EX
03-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Can anyone post a picture of your 400ex rear shock linkage as it sits in the bike? i believe i installed mine backwards but i cant find a pic anywhere online that allows me to see how the linkage sits in there. Please help, im going to blue diamond next week and i dont want to screw up my bike.

NMills
03-27-2011, 05:08 PM
I don't have a pic... but you can search google images... they have some pics..

NacsMXer
03-27-2011, 06:00 PM
Here's a pic during my last rebuild, and welcome to the site BLINGSTAR 400EX :macho

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4695/dsc0111c.jpg (http://img839.imageshack.us/i/dsc0111c.jpg/)

duroc825
03-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Ha! It took me a while to even find the linakge in that picture Nacs! I was too busy checkin out the rest of it :D

Blingstar, I can't see how it could even be put in backwards. :confused:

BLINGSTAR 400EX
03-28-2011, 03:55 AM
ok, thanks guys. and that bike looks sick! it looks like the linkage is in there correctly, but i did have to turn my shock around (not upside down) but spin it because the resevior was in the way of the airbox. i did just put +2 +1 a arms but it just seems as though the rear is sagging too much.

NacsMXer
03-28-2011, 09:03 AM
lol thanks guys, glad to help. If you took the entire linkage/dogbone together like in the pic and did a full 180 with it and bolted it back on you could indeed install it backwards. There have been people on here with pics that have done that, and it severely lowers the rear end. If the linkage looks the same as the pic it's in there correctly, no way around it.

BLINGSTAR 400EX, on the rear shock, you might have to loosen the top preload lock ring with a punch and hammer and then use the punch/hammer or a spanner wrench to tighten the bottom preload ring some more. It will raise the ride height on the rear shock so it can match your new front end setup better. Don't forget to tighten the top lock ring back up when it's all adjusted where you like it.