PDA

View Full Version : Rath Sign. Series Install (HELP)

nwi45
03-27-2011, 02:37 PM
http://oi53.tinypic.com/2rd7lo5.jpg

This is the left side. The mounting wholes do not Line up. In the pic the nerf bar is slid onto the pro peg mount and the front mount. Everything is in place. Anyone ever see this? I don't think it was made correctly?

rollie
03-27-2011, 02:49 PM
did you put all the bolts in loose or tighten them all up as you went?

try loosening up all the bolts so there just started, then put the nerfs on and if you can catch those threads, tighten everything up evenly, and slowly.

nwi45
03-27-2011, 02:51 PM
IDK bro, it is every bit of an inch away from lining up. Loosening the bolts up don't seem like it'd help but I'll try.

rollie
03-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Also did you order them for an 04/05? i dont know if the mounting holes on the 06+ are different on the subframe though, just a thought.

if none of that works you could also try calling rath or e-mailing them the picture, im sure they would be more than willing to help out

Lynch01ex
03-27-2011, 05:09 PM
i helped put some of those on a suzuki last year and fought and fought them. ended up using tie down straps to stretch them out to fit. Think the fitting quality is just that bad. just my 2 cents

DnB_racing
03-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by rollie
Also did you order them for an 04/05? i dont know if the mounting holes on the 06+ are different on the subframe though, just a thought.

if none of that works you could also try calling rath or e-mailing them the picture, im sure they would be more than willing to help out your right the subs have different mounting locations on the +06 from the 04/05

the4billa
03-27-2011, 07:43 PM
i dont thinks that entirely true,rath doesnt ask you what year and those nerfs dont fit for sh*t installed two sets had to use a ratchet strap and a floor jack for them to fit

eastside 400
03-27-2011, 08:50 PM
rath has the worst quality of products i have ever seen, ive installed several sets of the new 44 series and none of them fit properly, even the regular non healguard ones i put on mine didnt fit right at the engine bracket and i had tweak it. i cant believe how a company that supplies this many people has such horrible fitting products

hilltop_83
03-28-2011, 02:54 PM
i cant believe this many people are having problems with rath stuff. I put a set of competition nerfs w/heel guards and had no problems at all

Dirtjunkie85
03-28-2011, 03:48 PM
i agree ^^^ i have rath and love them!

rollie
03-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by hilltop_83
i cant believe this many people are having problems with rath stuff. I put a set of competition nerfs w/heel guards and had no problems at all

I agree, ive ran only rath products for the past 4 years and everything ive ever had mounted up perfectly. I called today to order my sig. series and they asked me year, so that might make a difference

nwi45
03-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Got them mounted..after breaking a bolt off in my frame. The fit was so bad that i had to use a ratchet strap to a shelving unit in my garage to try and pull into place. What junk. We'll see how they hold up.

I agree with what other said, I have never had anything made from Rath that has fit. The only reason I keep buying it is because once you do get it mounted they hold up the best.

bobbo97f150
03-28-2011, 08:37 PM
I've had several sets of Rath nerfs on Hondas (04/05 and 06+) and a Suzuki. They were all hard to get on. Most of them the rear fender brackets didn't line up and I had to drill a new hole for them to fit. When I contacted Rath, they weren't very concerned. I really like them once they're mounted but for the price, they really should go on without issues.

Ex_Rider43
03-29-2011, 10:06 AM
The 04-05 and 06+ difference is for the front motor mounts , The distance between the footpeg and subframe mounts are the same on all years.