PDA

View Full Version : KX 65 Mod, JB?

gdr8
03-27-2011, 12:55 PM
I bought this off of Ebay last summer I was told it was a JB Mod built by Hetrick a while back. It has a KX 65 in it. It seems to be a great quad. I am just looking if anyone has any history on it.
Thanks...

gdr8
03-27-2011, 12:58 PM
more pics

gdr8
03-27-2011, 01:09 PM
more pics

gdr8
03-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Trying to get better pics loaded.

doonanracing
03-27-2011, 04:52 PM
TRX90 plastic is common plastics to use on a mod. Looks like it uses a Yamaha rear based upon the sprocket hub and the rear axle from what I can see in the photos. I would assume the rear wheel bolt pattern is either from a Banshee or Blaster 4/115 or 4/100 if I was to guess in the rear from what I can see. What is the bolt pattern for the front wheels? If someone used a Yamaha rear and front this may be a good starting point to contact Hetrick or JB to ask questions as the newer models they most commonly will use a 300ex, 250r, 400ex of 450r spindles and hubs in most of their builds. Yamaha might be uncommon unless they used a Blaster or a different atv frame and suspension as the fronts on most older Fischer and JB mods and more squared off in the front and this looks more of an angle more like a Blaster/ TRX90 if I am looking at it right and then maybe JB moded the frame for a KX65 motor. If the bolt pattern on the front is a 4/156 this might lean me more towards a Blaster frame moded for a kx65 motor or a TRX90 modified frame. Hope this gives you some help and direction. Although allot of this is hard to tell from just looking at photos. Nice looking atv.

Logan #34's Dad
03-29-2011, 02:54 PM
From your discription, that would be a Hetrick mod built for Hetrick by JB. There were some minor differances between how Rich had this one built and the current JB mods. Great quality regardless.

gdr8
03-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Thanks Doonanrcing for the reply, the fronts are 4-110, and the rears are really small, something like 4-90 or something I didn"t take the wheel off to measure yet. I added a picture of the rear.
Thanks for the info!!!

doonanracing
03-30-2011, 10:14 AM
That is a Yamaha Rear with an aftermarket swingarm as it is round tubing in the swingarm and stock Yamaha should be square. Looking at the frame from the photos, I am thinking this is a TRX90 frame that was moded to fit a KX65 motor. The bottom rails under the motor and the angle of the front are more in line with a TRX90 frame than a Fischer or JB Mod. Most likley this was a trx90 that was moded maybe by Hetrick and JB to fit a KX65 motor and other parts using a Yamaha rear end carrier/axle/hubs. Either way it is a nice looking atv.

miniquaddad90
03-30-2011, 12:19 PM
DEF a TRX90 frame, you can tell by the foot peg mounting area and the right side frame tube where the silencer mounts. Looks like they modded the fronend for the upper a-arm mounts, prob a 300/400ex front end

Hetrick Racing
09-20-2011, 12:15 PM
As to our phone conversation I dont think it would be a big deal to put an 85 engine in it.
Mostly just some weld and new pc

As I recall that may be the Quad that Davey Nevrotski started out on way back in the day,I think East Coast built that one.
If in fact that is the quad Im thinking of, I switched it from an 85 to a 65 so going back to an 85 would not be hard at all.