http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=463497

Thank You for any help or suggestions,
Ron

Logan #34's Dad
04-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Hi Ron, Have you figured it out yet?

tri5ron
04-20-2011, 05:15 PM
As it turns out, the wheels from a 400ex will bolt right onto the mongoose. Cool !
I will need to get some 18" tires, so that the gearing will be the same.
I should get the same results with it being 4" wider, so that will help with more stability.
Keep in mind that Nickolas doesn't get much seat time, (closest riding area is 90 miles away) and he is a novice trail rider only.
Hopefully we will be able to get some riding trips in soon, and we will work more on his braking skills, and maybe even back the throttle limiter out some. (fingers crossed). learning to ride, and improve his abilities will be slow to progress, but that's O.K., at least he wants to do it, and enjoys riding with the family.

Logan #34's Dad
04-20-2011, 05:25 PM
If you wanna see what can be done with one of these thumpers, you need to pm "quadnana7" on here. They have one of these that is about maxxed out. 125cc screamer.

etccb
04-21-2011, 12:30 PM
tri5ron
We put a set of +2 single aarms on the front of our non racing non jumping daughters kymco mongoose 90 along with some rear spacers and it made a huge differance. If you do a wanted thread on here in the mini classifieds for a good used set of +2 single aarms you should find a set for around $120 to $150 shipped. Almost all of the taiwan 90 single front arms will go right on the front of that Kymco 90. Make sure you get a set for stock length shocks and you can just use your stock shocks and they will work great for your son for your use. These were a like new used set off of a Polaris Scrambler 90.

tri5ron
04-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by etccb
tri5ron
We put a set of +2 single aarms on the front of our non racing non jumping daughters kymco mongoose 90 along with some rear spacers and it made a huge differance. If you do a wanted thread on here in the mini classifieds for a good used set of +2 single aarms you should find a set for around $120 to $150 shipped. Almost all of the taiwan 90 single front arms will go right on the front of that Kymco 90. Make sure you get a set for stock length shocks and you can just use your stock shocks and they will work great for your son for your use. These were a like new used set off of a Polaris Scrambler 90. PERFECT ! Thank You VERY MUCH ! That is exactally what I was hoping might be available for the front end.

Both myself, and a good friend of mine have the Kymco Mongoose 90's for our young kids. The more I am around these little quads, the more impressed I am with them. (And this is coming from a long time "Loyal Honda Rider" haha).

You say almost all the Taiwan 90's a-arms will fit the Mongoose 90,...
Do you know specifically what other a-arms, besides the Polaris Scrambler 90, That will bolt right on, while using the stock Mongoose shock/mount position ?

This is so perfect, that I want to start scouring ebay for a set, and would like to have specific models/brands of a-arms to search for.

This will also be a GREAT oppurtunity for Nickolas to "Help" doing some work/mods to his quad. He will be VERY Proud of himself, and loves to "Help" anywhere he can. Heck, I may even have to do a pictorial article of him doing it, and have my buddy post it up in his online magazine ! ALL GOOD STUFF !

WOW !, I'm excited,.... I'm heading over to EBAY right now, and will post a wanted ad here a little later on.

We already did one article on him, and now he thinks he is a superstar ! lol !
I know I've posted this link before,... But in case anyone here is interested, here it is again...
http://www.toyhauleradventures.com/2010/08/meet-nickolas/

I also assisted in getting a article done for another member here. its a pretty fun read too...
http://www.toyhauleradventures.com/2011/04/meet-christopher/
Feel free to post a comment to them. They get a big kick out of being "Famous" LOL!!!

Also,...
Mcwilly, ARE YOU HERE ???
I REALLY want to get that article on Andrew going. Come on bud,... you can do it ! :D

THANKS AGAIN for the tip on the A-arms.
Let me know what other ones will fit, and I can search for.

I'm off to Ebay right now ! :D

tri5ron
04-21-2011, 01:52 PM
OOPS !,
I meant to ask just to clarify,...

First-
Does it matter what year of Polaris Scrambler 90 ?

Second-
Are those A-arms from the Polaris Scrambler 90, the STOCK OEM A-arms, AND are 2" longer than the Kymco 90 A-arms ?

or,...

Are they aftermarket +2 A-arms, FOR, a Polaris Scrambler 90 ? (I'm assuming this is more likely the case)

THANKS !
Ron

etccb
04-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Aftermarket +2. Other members will help make sure they are correct in your wanted thread. I think all of the arms for the tiawan cvt 90's will work. I believe only the eaton has troulble with some of them. Just put your wanted search up
Wanted a good used set of +2 single aarms for a kymco mongoose 90. You will get led in the right direction. You can post the pic above and say like this.
Good luck.