PDA

View Full Version : Queston on larger wheels on Kymco Mongoose 90

tri5ron
03-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Hi guys,
Been a little while since I've been over here on the mini's forums,
I spend most of my time on the 400ex forum.

I've tried searching for some answers, but haven't found what I'm looking for.

I need some help/suggestions, for some of you who are more knowledgeable on the Kymco Mongoose 90.

What I am trying to find out is how to mount larger/wider tires on the Mongoose 90.

I had found some wheele adapters for my daughters TRX90, that allowed me to install the stock wheels from my 400EX. this is nice, because it is 4" wider than stock.
We do not race, and only trail ride the local deserts.

I am interested in possibly doing the same thing, (or similar) with
my sons Kymco 90.

I remember when I was researching it for the honda 90, that someone had said the rear spindles from a Eton Viper 90 could be used on the trx, that had the TRX90 sized splines, and the 400 sized bolt pattern.

I'm wondering if there is something similar to that set up, that would allow for wider wheels to be installed onto the Kymco 90 ?

Or,
Can wider,(and possibly taller too), wheels be purchased to fit the Kymco bolt patterns ?
(I realize that taller rears, will require regearing the final drive chain).

I'm sure somebody here has already done this, and I would greatly appreciate any input, or comments.

Thanks,
Ron

xtremeatv
03-27-2011, 01:06 PM
I have a kymco mongoose 50, guess i cant say for sure with the 90 but i would assume they are the same. It uses a 4/110 pattern front and rear. You should be able to just buy some new rims and tires in any size you want.

etccb
03-27-2011, 06:15 PM
The kymco mongoose 90 has the very popular 4x110 on the front and rear. I have one sitting in the garage.

Logan #34's Dad
03-28-2011, 02:50 AM
Are you looking to make it wider and higher up? If so, buy yourself so rims with a deeper offset. The bolt pattern is the same as a Honda.

racer363
03-31-2011, 10:26 AM
Your 400ex rear hubs will fit and make it wider at the same time.

tri5ron
04-01-2011, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by racer363
Your 400ex rear hubs will fit and make it wider at the same time. are you saying the 400ex hubs will fit on the Kymco axle?
( the hub I.D. and hub splines are the same as the Kymco axle O.D. and splines ? )

or are you just saying the 400ex BOLT PATTERN will fit the Kymco bolt pattern ?

I understand that they are both a 4/110 and therefore the 400ex wheels will fit the Kymco rear hubs.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. so far.

For the immediate results, We are considering the stability advantage of the increased width, but may also like the added ground clearance too.

I do realize that the increased wheel height will requie the primary chain sprocket to be changed to a smaller size to compensate, and allow the clutch to engage.

racer363
04-01-2011, 05:43 AM
The hubs fit. I have several Kymcos and Honda's remember Kymco started out building parts for Honda.