PDA

View Full Version : Dump Trailers

Bradracer18
03-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Hey guys-

Looking for dump trailer suggestions. I'm looking in the 8'x12' range (negotiable) but am looking thus far at Finish line Trailers and H&H Trailers. Just wondering which trailers you suggest?

Also, I notice most of them (that I am looking at) are built fairly similar (10ga floor, 12 ga sides, ez lube hubs, etc etc). So, what sets them apart? What should I be looking for that makes one work better than the other?

One plus I liked about the Finish Line trailer was the dump angle was said to be 60 degrees where most are around 40-45. I also like the option of being able to open the gates off to the sides (barn door) or use the gate as a spreader gate for gravel.

I'll be towing with both my F150(probably over weight) and when the loads are heavier, my dad's and friends F250's and F350's.

Suggestions/advice is welcome!

jherbie28
03-27-2011, 05:51 PM
the brimar(sp?) and jimmy are nice trailers. they are stupid expensive

wild250rman
03-27-2011, 06:02 PM
i have a 10,000 lb. bri-mar that i use with my construction company and it has held up good. it has the barn door gates d rings in the bed and ramps mounted under neath. the only problem i have had is my excavator i haul has bent the ramps and now they wont slide into the pockets under the trailer. i notice some are mounting on the outside of the dump body but they rattle there according to a friend that has that type and if the dump is power up and power down it will use up the battery quicker. If you do a lot of hauling and dumping they are a good investment.