PDA

View Full Version : Apex Help

chunky0071
03-27-2011, 09:34 AM
I am new to the apex scene that being said I am not new to the cvt or the 2 stroke. Just looking for some advice the set up and were to get a slipper clutch can already tell you I don't like the slipper sprocket. We have a 2011 MXR 90 that is stock with a dr pulley hit clutch. we race xc and a few mx races. thanks for any help!

fomospede
03-27-2011, 09:58 AM
gforce has them

don bassani
03-29-2011, 05:23 AM
Hetrick racing has the slipper clutch.I have used his for years with no failures.

Logan #34's Dad
03-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Sent ya a pm.

chunky0071
03-29-2011, 04:45 PM
ok so from what I am getting there are mixed feeling for the slipper clutch I do understand why. so what slipper sprocket is the best? We run mostly XC and a few MX races during the off season. This is a new 2011 90 MXR I like the Dr pully hit clutch but have heard night mares about it. Running XC we don't need a high stall so what rear clutch does one need want one I can get parts for and also what about a overage front V for it? Will be staying in the limited class for a while!! THanks for every ones help.

Logan #34's Dad
03-29-2011, 05:59 PM
I sent ya back a reply via pm.
I was not a believer in the slipper clutch either as it may slip on take off. However, what we have learned is that the compression washer needs to be replaced from time to time because it loses its strength. I can tell ya this: I can ride a wheelie all day long. So, if it is slipping it ain't much.
Maintenance required is: between motos or races you may want to sand the friction disks. That's about it.
You will also need at least 3 clutch cover gaskets to space out the cover because the system sticks out father than stock.
***steven623 - sells a one piece aluminum spacer to eliminate the need for the 3 paper gaskets. ***
I will NEVER run a slipper sprocket again - HOWEVER, I think I know why they fail. If you have a powerful engine then get the clutch. They are very pricey but cheaper than replacing gears and ported cases from the gears blowing things up.
As far as clutch: We run a cheap Koso stock style clutch. It is made for the larger 109 bell. You could put 1500 stall springs in it to avoid it from hitting so hard.