PDA

View Full Version : Is the CR ignition for every motor?

wes350x
03-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Since it is advanced 5-8 degrees is it really that good for a stroked motor? My dyno guy says mine is hurting it on the dyno cause he believes for my motor it needs to be retarted some because its not firing at the proper time that it needs to be. Is it possible to retard it some by just rotating the stator some counter-clockwise? He told me to properly tune a 2-stroke, especuially a stroked one, that being able to adjust the time is crucial. Im not talking about the ease to start, faster rev, or better start properties of it. Basically just the timing.

Honda 250r 001
03-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by wes350x
Since it is advanced 5-8 degrees is it really that good for a stroked motor? My dyno guy says mine is hurting it on the dyno cause he believes for my motor it needs to be retarted some because its not firing at the proper time that it needs to be. Is it possible to retard it some by just rotating the stator some counter-clockwise? He told me to properly tune a 2-stroke, especuially a stroked one, that being able to adjust the time is crucial.

I do not know the limits of the standard ESR plate adjustibility. But if you need more adjustment, you simple need to slot the holes in the plate or stator to get you back to stock, or even retarded timing.

Im sure you could get the advancement your looking for with a little tweaking.

wilkin250r
03-27-2011, 10:45 AM
I don't know for certain because I've never actually used one (or even seen one) but I think CT Racing also makes an adapter plate for the CR ignition, and it's slotted to allow for adjustment in timing.

Honda 250r 001
03-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Yes the CT has much more adjustment, the problem is, they dont make them anymore. I tried to get one from em. If you can find one prolly better pick it up! Here is a pic just for refrence.