PDA

View Full Version : bleeding brakes

jtalleman
03-27-2011, 08:55 AM
i cant get my new lines to bleed the brake fluid is coming out the brake needle but my brakes arent tightening up for some reason i been pumping them like crazy its tht gay two line set up that burgard sent me where there is a double banjo bolt in my brake lever res and each lin runs to a brake if that helps

CJM
03-27-2011, 09:04 AM
You need a vacuum brake bleeder. Any autoparts store or even sears sells them.

What you do is put the bleeder on like this: BLEEDER NUT>BLEEDER HOSE>COLLECTION BOTTLE>BLEEDER HOSE>VAC GUN.

Then pump away and build up pressure and open the bleeder and it will suck air and fluid in.

I have the same kinda setup as you and the vac bleeder worked so well that my brake lever has 1/4" of play before full lock up.

DragonGunner
03-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Are you doing it like you would a car?....Pump a few times an hold down while releasing the fluid nut on the caliper, as soon as it starts to spray out tightened the nozzle...repeat, adding fluid when resivoir starts to get low. Can take awhile thats for sure on new lines.

jtalleman
03-27-2011, 05:46 PM
yeah doing it just like that i understand it takes awhile but its taking forever and usually once the fluid starts squirtiung out the bleed valves its good but its not in this case

duroc825
03-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Why is it such a pain to bleed atv brakes. Seems like it would be easier with shorter brake lines. :confused: Sounds like a very common problem.

CJM
03-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by duroc825
Why is it such a pain to bleed atv brakes. Seems like it would be easier with shorter brake lines. :confused: Sounds like a very common problem.

Master cylinder is very small, harder to push air/fluid thru.

honda400ex2003
03-27-2011, 09:54 PM
buy a pump ftw! only way to roll as marc said.

steve