PDA

View Full Version : NOS Quad Tech hood

protrax
03-26-2011, 08:01 PM
New Old Stock Quad Tech 250R hood still has price tag on it and baggie with clips $200 shipped

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p125/protrax/CIMG1086.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p125/protrax/CIMG1089.jpg

danhung11
03-27-2011, 07:20 AM
Mailbox is full. I replied to your PM, I'll take the hood.

protrax
03-27-2011, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by danhung11
Mailbox is full. I replied to your PM, I'll take the hood.

Pm replied back and mailbox cleaned out
pp info sent
Thanks

hontrx265r
03-27-2011, 10:20 AM
was this a stock or fullbore plastic hood? If dan backs out I'll take it if its fullbore I was just too slow on this one. damn..

protrax
03-27-2011, 04:10 PM
SOLD to Dan

danhung11
04-04-2011, 11:56 AM
This hood is made for full bores, but I'm not about to cut my new fullbores to make it fit. I listed it on eBay last night for what I got it for, includes insurance up to the purchase price. If it sells at the starting bid price, I'll basically net what I paid after all the fees.

hontrx265r
04-04-2011, 12:20 PM
dan can you pm me your phone number, I have a couple questions on that hood.

danhung11
04-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by hontrx265r
dan can you pm me your phone number, I have a couple questions on that hood.

Sent.

gtilley45
04-04-2011, 03:12 PM
This hood is made for full bores, but I'm not about to cut my new fullbores to make it fit. I listed it on eBay last night for what I got it for, includes insurance up to the purchase price. If it sells at the starting bid price, I'll basically net what I paid after all the fees.
What all do you have to cut to make it fit? I had one of these before when I had a set of fullbore with a scooped hood, but I never tried to put it on.

Jonny B
04-04-2011, 03:43 PM
You have to cut the center rib of the scoop on the fullbore fenders.

danhung11
04-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Jonny B
You have to cut the center rib of the scoop on the fullbore fenders.

Jonny B is exactly correct. See pictures. Like I said, I have a hard time bringing a dremel to these plastics after waiting 2.5 months for them. Drilling holes is bad enough...

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/100_1797.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/100_1796.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/100_1795.jpg

gtilley45
04-04-2011, 04:34 PM
I completely understand that. If that was carbon fiber, I'd be all over it....and I'm still considering it.

You said it took 2.5 months to get your plastic?!?! Damn, I guess I need to call fullbore ASAP so I'll have mine in time.

danhung11
04-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by gtilley45
I completely understand that. If that was carbon fiber, I'd be all over it....and I'm still considering it.

You said it took 2.5 months to get your plastic?!?! Damn, I guess I need to call fullbore ASAP so I'll have mine in time.

It was roughly 2.5 months, I bought them from my local Honda shop back home. They help me out on pricing, but the time/gas I drove there it was about the same as some of the pricing I've seen on here. It made sense, since I was able to buy a bunch of OEM stuff to save additional $. Damm...starting to rationalize like a woman. :D

pinitatv
04-04-2011, 08:34 PM
If you guys are looking for that hood in CF they will be available soon....

Dan how about a hood like the one pictured only in CF?

danhung11
04-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by pinitatv
If you guys are looking for that hood in CF they will be available soon....

Dan how about a hood like the one pictured only in CF?

Jody, I'm reluctant to cut out the front of the plastic. Is that hood made by FB? I think I want a matte black vented hood. Similar to this.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/100_1240.jpg

troybilt
04-05-2011, 07:48 AM
Dan that's the hoods Jay is working on, I believe he's got one just like the one Pinit shown to use for a pattern. I don't think you need to cut the plastic with that hood, but not sure.

pinitatv
04-05-2011, 02:54 PM
That's right the hood I have pictured is from Fullbore and no cutting is required on it. I'm going to show Jason that hood and see if he wants to make CF ones, I'm pretty sure he does

I gave Jason a "Naca Duct" hood just like you originally pictured to make in CF, they are close to being done but you are right the bridge has to be removed for the hood to fit.

protrax
04-05-2011, 07:33 PM
I can't believe no one has the balls to cut there fenders ..... come on look what there going on a fully custom racebike for crying out loud, why not keep it custom and stand out from everyone else that has a push pinned hood
I think they look badass on them white fenders and if I would have had a set of white it would have stayed with me . WOW not trying to rip here but jeez man

hontrx265r you should put it on your bike I know your not afraid to cut fenders and what a nice job you did I must say!

J.B.
04-05-2011, 07:48 PM
I agree, those fenders looks siqqq with that white carbon naca hood. Cut that ****. imo of course.

danhung11
04-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by protrax
I can't believe no one has the balls to cut there fenders ..... come on look what there going on a fully custom racebike for crying out loud, why not keep it custom and stand out from everyone else that has a push pinned hood
I think they look badass on them white fenders and if I would have had a set of white it would have stayed with me . WOW not trying to rip here but jeez man

I agree, it does go well together. I've thought of just keeping it and cutting it, that's probably why I couldn't sleep last night. :p I'm debating applying these funds for a new CR ignition. If no one buys it, I'll keep it.

This hood uses push pins as well... Anyone know where you can order white push pins? Did you get my pm protrax yesterday afternoon?

gtilley45
04-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Anyone know where you can order white push pins?

Where can you get black ones? I got a good deal on one of the **** hoods from a guy and it didn't come with any of the push pins.

danhung11
04-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by gtilley45
Where can you get black ones? I got a good deal on one of the **** hoods from a guy and it didn't come with any of the push pins.

Go to an autoparts store and look for the generic push pins to hold the door panels on, I believe their are universal for the older model vehicles... they are only a few bucks. If you need more info, I have some sitting out in the garage. They only have the graphite color... I want white if I'm going to run this hood. :blah:

protrax
04-05-2011, 08:23 PM
I agree, it does go well together. I've thought of just keeping it and cutting it, that's probably why I couldn't sleep last night. :p I'm debating applying these funds for a new CR ignition. If no one buys it, I'll keep it.

This hood uses push pins as well... Anyone know where you can order white push pins? Did you get my pm protrax yesterday afternoon?

no pm yesterday , last one I got from you was on 3-27
Them fenders look great with that hood and its a unique look that no one else is running imo

also on a side note for the push pins I would take a spare 1 or atleast not 1 of the originals for trial effort and paint it white with the pin pushed in . The hood is painted over the carbon so it will probably go pretty good with decent white paint and maybe some clear coat on the pins
Good luck whatever you decide

gtilley45
04-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Go to an autoparts store and look for the generic push pins to hold the door panels on, I believe their are universal for the older model vehicles... they are only a few bucks. If you need more info, I have some sitting out in the garage. They only have the graphite color... I want white if I'm going to run this hood. :blah:

The push pins for door panels are EXACTLY what I thought they were. I need to make a trip to the parts store anyway....need to re-stock on cleaners, shop towels, WD-40 and all that crap. :D

If I can't find any of them, I might get back with you about more info on the ones you have.

pdxbigfoot
04-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Till you guys see the hood Im making for my Fullbore's.........:devil:

danhung11
04-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Decided to keep the hood, no longer for sale.

Thanks for all the interest. Luckily, no one used the BIN.

That said, anyone have any pics of their plastic that has been trimmed for this hood?

Thanks,
Dan

SilverLake250R
04-07-2011, 06:20 AM
I would like to see pics too ;)

danhung11
04-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks for talking me into it guys, I think it turned out great. I also found white push pins as O'Reillys.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/5191bcac.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/2eb1f0f5.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/c99b5bfa.jpg

troybilt
04-09-2011, 04:16 PM
WOW!!! glad you didn't sell it that hood looks sick... how was your blood pressure cutting those brand new Fullbores... :D

Gotta love Oreilly's haha..

wild250rman
04-09-2011, 06:24 PM
quit teasing use get those pics out here danhung11! :D

gtilley45
04-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Damn!! That looks good!

danhung11
04-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks Guys, I'm very happy with how it turned out. I owe protrax some credit for bustin my chops about cutting the plastic, I guess if I had to I'd just order another set of Full Bore fronts - maybe full fenders and cut them myself, after seeing what hontrx265r did to his.

I need to contact the manufacturer of the push pins, I could use another .25" in length to make me feel better about the hood not coming unfastened in the front. The front push pins should be slightly longer than the rears with the way the hood is shaped.

Not sure what you are talking about wild250rman...:p The build is winding down, I am currently waiting on my new rear shock and stem. Then I will focus on motor. It's coming together nicely.

protrax
04-10-2011, 05:18 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by danhung11
[B]Thanks Guys, I'm very happy with how it turned out. I owe protrax some credit for bustin my chops about cutting the plastic, I guess if I had to I'd just order another set of Full Bore fronts - maybe full fenders and cut them myself, after seeing what hontrx265r did to his.

hahaha good job!