PDA

View Full Version : warped head dont know which to buy

zukiboy
03-26-2011, 03:33 PM
i recently got my first quad from a friend that was part way tore down a 89 bottom end with a 86 top end bored .120 over. the cool dome head is warped coolant is going everywhere and im not sure what to buy as a replacement .... what is recommended what is good ......... or even flat out what i need its my first quad let alone a 2 stroke!!!!!!

C-LEIGH RACING
03-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Your easiest & best thing to do, would be to get a new Pro Design cool head, problem solved, because your engine is already sat up for a head like that.

Now, you might could find one on e bay for a fair price, new that is, but used, keep in mind you have no way to check it until you have it in your hands which would be to late if something wrong with it.
Neil

machwon
03-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by zukiboy
i recently got my first quad from a friend that was part way tore down a 89 bottom end with a 86 top end bored .120 over. the cool dome head is warped coolant is going everywhere and im not sure what to buy as a replacement .... what is recommended what is good ......... or even flat out what i need its my first quad let alone a 2 stroke!!!!!!

What octane fuel do you intend running in it? For pump gas I would use the .010 head gasket and a stock 86 head if you have one. For race fuel use the .010 gasket with a 23, possible a 22cc dome. I have a good used cool head shell if you're interested, also in MI too.

zukiboy
03-28-2011, 09:57 AM
93 octane 32.1 it was was told to run for a mix and yes im interested in the head
..... how much

250Rhonda
03-28-2011, 10:58 AM
If you are going to go with an aftermarket head, I would recommend buying ESR's Billet head. They are great to work with and are one of the few companies still designing new parts for 250R's. Help others that help you.

jcs003
03-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by 250Rhonda
If you are going to go with an aftermarket head, I would recommend buying ESR's Billet head. They are great to work with and are one of the few companies still designing new parts for 250R's. Help others that help you.

i dont think they make a cool head for a stock cylinder.

zukiboy
03-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Its not stock 3 mm bigger

C-LEIGH RACING
03-28-2011, 12:51 PM
The cylinder you have, is it a stock OEM Honda cylinder or one of the aftermarket cylinders.
Neil