PDA

View Full Version : GT Thunder sprocket guards????

Fast470r
03-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Will GT Thunder duel sprocket guards work on a RPM axle with the race hub. ''Need to know quick''

rollie
03-26-2011, 02:18 PM
i don't see why not, because the sprocket bolt holes on the hub are going to be in the same place as the stock one, so on that front it should fit, i dont know if anything else could hinder it working.

Scro
03-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Some aftermarket hubs are thinner, and don't allow the guards to clear the chain. I believe this is the case with the RPM. It's an easy fix though. All you have to do is space the outer guard out with washers.

quad2xtreme
03-27-2011, 12:53 PM
bigger issue I found was with the carrier. Some are larger in diameter so the sprocket guards rub.

Shawn Hess
03-29-2011, 08:14 AM
All you have to do is grind part of the flange off of the carrier. Most after market carriers are mad out of round bar on lathes with out live tooling so they are unable to make the outer flange off set like the factory carriers. Just take a grinder or a mill if you have one and remove some of the flange to make it oval not round and it works with the dual sprocket guards without issue.

What about the Blingstar Dual Sprocket Guards? They clean the mud out far superior than the GT Thunder setup.

Pappy
03-29-2011, 08:22 AM
Easiest way would be to call laz and ask....

We have run both the GT Thunder and teh one made for Ballance racing....both work well

SHIFTx450
03-29-2011, 06:11 PM
Just my input, I've had 2 different problems running the blingstar ones on 2 different carriers. One setup the carrier was rubbing the guard, the other the guard was rubbing the swingarm...