PDA

View Full Version : Maxxis Razor Cross Fronts

hilltop_83
03-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Im in need of tire that is good in real sandy corners and a few hard packed turns also. I was wondering if the Maxxis Razor Cross tires were the right tire for me? or does anybody know of any tire that would work for me.

duroc825
03-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Razr 2's and run them backwards is popular in FL sand for XC

hilltop_83
03-27-2011, 12:34 PM
wat about for mx

TheLane
03-27-2011, 05:14 PM
I run the MX's and i love them.

They are light grippy and run really well at lower tire pressures. (the price tag is really nice as well.) just dont take em on pavement lol. they shred really easy and are only 2 ply.

NacsMXer
03-27-2011, 05:46 PM
I run the 20x6-10's Razr Cross up front for MX and they are probably the best MX front tire I have used yet. I started out with grooved MX radials, then used Holeshot MX for a while, then switched to Kenda Klaw MX fronts, and now run the Razr Cross's.

On hard pack they track and steer with laser precision. It's just a really responsive feeling front tire. I think a lot of that has to do with the skinny continuous rib of tread all the way around the center of the tire. Point the quad where you want to go and it goes, no pushing or anything in the corners.

I have not used them for sand at all, but I don't think that they would be too bad. If you look at the tread design on the Cross's, the center rib is a lot like a "Mohawk" front sand tire. The only downfall would be the Cross's slightly skinnier width.

I don't know what type of riding you do more of though. If you do just some MX and more offroad trail type stuff, you might want to look into a heavier duty tire like the Razr 2's duroc825 mentioned. On the flip side, if you do more MX and less other riding, then the Razr 2's wouldn't be the best choice. Might want to look into the lighter 2 ply Cross fronts if that's the case.

hilltop_83
03-27-2011, 05:51 PM
any more i ride mx more because all my buddys i used to trail ride with are always to busy. Thanks guys for all the feedback, I really appreciate it.