PDA

View Full Version : Gas leaking from overflow

IcutMetl
03-26-2011, 07:32 AM
On my 2nd '89 that I picked up, it has the stock 34mm PJ. Even with the gas turned off, I still get a small amount of fuel that drips out of one of the overflow tubes, so I have to park it over a patch of oil dry. Where do I start first?

Also, if anyone has a 35mm A/S laying around...I might be interested. For this R being mainly stock, it's a lot more manageable in the low-mid range.

Thanks!

wild250rman
03-26-2011, 07:53 AM
rebuild your full petcock and your floats are sticking open or your needle and seat are not sealing.

danhung11
03-26-2011, 09:58 AM
I had this problem a few years back, and it was a like new petcock. Turns out I had a single thread of hair in my carb, prevented the valve from sealing all the way. It was a slow drip, but enough to leave a stain on the drive way floor.

Good luck!

DoonRider
03-26-2011, 10:32 AM
When I was a quadracer guy my Mikuni did that, had a little something keeping the float stuck open. Cleaned and an easy fix.

mohler
03-26-2011, 02:50 PM
turn your fuel off and let it run til its out of fuel, then see if it drips that will tell you if your petcock is working fine or not,if it dont drip then then u got a problem with your float

zack221
03-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Polish the brass sleeve where the needle jet slides in when the float closes. It will get gummed up and not close all the way. Buy a polish kit and polishing compound for a dremel and it will seal off and stop leaking