Big - D Racing
02-17-2003, 02:49 PM
my new oil tank

Big - D Racing
02-17-2003, 02:52 PM
Forgot one, the last one

Extremeracer167
02-17-2003, 03:27 PM
thats by far the coolest brake block off plate ive ever seen. Screw the swingarm, i want that!!;) By the way how much that set u back....$1000?

Big - D Racing
02-17-2003, 03:33 PM
swingarm retails for $1375 now since Roll keeps raising the price. I got it for just under $1000 through Duncan with a discount. The brake block off retails for like $30 I believe go to www.rmwbillet.com for it and under flame products. Check out my flame oil cover you can barely see it in this pic, made by the same company as the block off

forum
02-17-2003, 03:41 PM
someone would have to be have retarded to pay 1400 for a swingarm

Extremeracer167
02-17-2003, 03:44 PM
i think its retarded to put a yamaha engine in a honda frame, but thats just my opinion;) :p Differant strokes for differant folks i guess

RiPPiNiTuP7
02-17-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by forum
someone would have to be have retarded to pay 1400 for a swingarm

No kiddin...you can buy two swingarms of any other brand and have change left :eek:

forum
02-17-2003, 03:46 PM
wow i realy want to flame right now.

Extremeracer167
02-17-2003, 03:48 PM
if u flame alot, does that make u a Flamer:confused: :p

Big - D Racing
02-17-2003, 03:50 PM
you can subtract $200 from the retail if it isn't chromed and you can subtract another $75 if you don't get the chain slider mount. Lonestar swing arms chromed are $725 so I paid a little bit more for a better product.

forum
02-17-2003, 04:03 PM
o yea. roll is awsome. just to rich for my blood. considering i could have my swingarm plus two extras at that price

Woz
02-17-2003, 05:15 PM
What chain slider does that use?

Big - D Racing
02-17-2003, 05:19 PM
Honda CR dirtbike style. In the picture the chain guide/slider isn't on you just see the mount. I'm buying a new sider for it from T.M DesignWorks.

Sparks425Ex
02-17-2003, 05:36 PM
Very nice Man. I agree that 1000 bucks for a swing arm is alot and to much but I say if ya got the money then spend it.. And since you have the money then I say you made a dang good choice. I wish I could...

Quadfather
02-17-2003, 05:39 PM
hey D, where'd you get the oil tank, and for how much $, do you like it, and do you think it helps?

Big - D Racing
02-17-2003, 05:46 PM
I got it from www.sandriders.com it is a UM designs Oil tank there website is www.umracing.com I paid $180 for it. I think the best part of the tank is it holds that extra quart of oil. I like it a lot. Clean welds all around on it. I'm not exactly sure how much it helps, but it does help. If you really want to lower the oil temp. buy a Four Stroke Tech secondary oil cooler. I have one of those and I love it, I think it's the best thing you can do to protect your engine and it's only $120

Quadfather
02-17-2003, 05:49 PM
Thanks bro, swingarm and quad look great.

trx400ex
02-18-2003, 01:10 PM
that is a good deal on the swingarm, and you just cant understand why its mad $$ worth it untill you own some roll stuff yourself.

Big - D Racing
02-18-2003, 02:12 PM
Thank you. Hopefully in the near future I will have the Lobo II front end.

CBW
02-18-2003, 02:33 PM
Great swing arm bud......ENJOY......:D

but can someone explain to me why people have to hammer a guy for spending his own money,,,,,that he earned ,,,,,,,, on something he wanted:huh

I mean its not like he made these other guys pay for it......:confused2 :confused: :ermm:

No flame intended,,,,,,,just wondering why all the responses couldnt be as simple as "congradulations"........and not a bunch of crap:blah

RiPPiNiTuP7
02-18-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by CBW
Great swing arm bud......ENJOY......:D

but can someone explain to me why people have to hammer a guy for spending his own money,,,,,that he earned ,,,,,,,, on something he wanted:huh

I mean its not like he made these other guys pay for it......:confused2 :confused: :ermm:

No flame intended,,,,,,,just wondering why all the responses couldnt be as simple as "congradulations"........and not a bunch of crap:blah

Ok, ok....congratulations Big - D, thats a badass swingarm ya got there :D

CBW
02-18-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
Ok, ok....congratulations Big - D, thats a badass swingarm ya got there :D

see wasnt that easier........LOL

sorry guys i guess i just had to vent a bit before:o

Extremeracer167
02-18-2003, 03:09 PM
well said Chris. Thats what i was thinkin earlier. If the guy wants to spend(and can spend) 1400 on a swingarm, thats kickarse. I personally would rather get to see a post about a Roll swingarm then another post about Houser or Leager swingarm.

300EXrider02
02-18-2003, 03:26 PM
jeez man what dont u have on that quad? looks awesome, congrats and tell me if ya wanna sell it:eek: ;)

trx400ex
02-18-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Extremeracer167
well said Chris. I personally would rather get to see a post about a Roll swingarm then another post about Houser or Leager swingarm.

AMEN!!

I need a full lobo chassis, can i make you guys pay for it?:scary:

Only thing that scares me is the chrome, 250 extra and no warranty made me change my mind to powdercoating. But i love that swingarm and good luck!

Extremeracer167
02-18-2003, 03:45 PM
well i wouldnt buy a lobo chassis anymore. Ive heard of some guys that ran them last year and kept cracking the things. And Roll wouldnt Fix them. Screw that, lol

trx400ex
02-18-2003, 07:38 PM
well i wouldnt buy a lobo chassis anymore. Ive heard of some guys that ran them last year and kept cracking the things. And Roll wouldnt Fix them. Screw that, lol

Yeah but you cant help but drool when you see the pics on there site. I would be pretty tweeked if i cracked a 12k frame and didnt get any cooperation from the manufacturer.

Big - D Racing
02-18-2003, 09:00 PM
Glad atleast i'm starting to get support on having a bad *** swingarm. I personally love it. Not to many swingarms on the market can compare to it.
Thanks for all the support.

QuadTrix6
02-19-2003, 12:38 PM
whoa that thing is sick im gonna get one when i hit the lottery :eek: :chinese:...you got a lotta money into that thing but where are the nerf bars ????lol

02-19-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Big - D Racing
Glad atleast i'm starting to get support on having a bad *** swingarm. I personally love it. Not to many swingarms on the market can compare to it.
Thanks for all the support.

Looks good I think mines bad *** too and I'd say it compares to a rolldesign anyday.. I only had to sell 2 children for it and not 5 like Doug wants for his....;) :D

mrusk
02-19-2003, 01:35 PM
I never heard of any aftermarket swingarm breaking except a Lonestar. Buying any roll product is jus tlike setting your money on fire.

matt

mxracer111
02-19-2003, 01:38 PM
you can break anything...im not the best rider in the world, but i beat my bikes pretty hard on the tracks..... i cracked a walsh swingarm in half in a whoops section. i have also seen a cracked roll..... metal will break no matter what you do..... just some are much better quality....roll, walsh....etc. id never run anything but roll or walsh

XANDADA
02-19-2003, 01:39 PM
!?!

QuadTrix6
02-19-2003, 01:45 PM
yea any and every product will break at some point, life goes on

Ralph
02-19-2003, 02:44 PM
im positive i got mine the cheapest, and that is without a sponsership...

edit: posting pics doesnt work anymore?

Quadfather
02-19-2003, 02:48 PM
Since we're showing 'em off............

Extremeracer167
02-19-2003, 02:54 PM
Ive actually heard of more Housers Breaking then Lonestars. I think thats why they are supposed to change the design

Sick0
02-19-2003, 05:15 PM
I think I going to just buy a herrmann. The sell them for 450 and the are made pretty good. Compared to 1400 dollare thats sound like a good deal to me. Plus I haven't broken the stock one yet so I think the herrmann will last me I will have enough money to buy a shock.

surfer
02-19-2003, 06:11 PM
No kiddin...you can buy two swingarms of any other brand and have change left :eek:

Just remember...you get what you pay for. can have 2 ok swing arms, or the best on the market, hands down. if i had the money i'd have my 12k$ lobo roller

Big - D Racing
02-19-2003, 10:09 PM
Hey lrd what kind of swingarm is that? What is yours quadfather, it looks like a herrmann, but it has the Rpm sticker on it?

mxracer111
02-19-2003, 10:11 PM
heres mine....nice walsh

Big - D Racing
02-19-2003, 10:19 PM
That frame is sweet. I love that color what are you putting in it? That is a huge radiator!

mxracer111
02-19-2003, 10:21 PM
i have a ported yz 400 motor going in there....just waiting for my a arms and subframe to come back from the chromers..... i have my rad. shoruds off to polish them. that is a walsh radiator too ....also has an engine oil cooler mounted to it.

Big - D Racing
02-19-2003, 10:24 PM
That is sweet, what was the price of that radiator?

mxracer111
02-19-2003, 10:25 PM
i got it off a guy used.... but it is like new.... i made some trades for it so got it cheap.... but new ones are about 600 for a walsh and a long waiting list....but they are the best money can buy

RiPPiNiTuP7
02-19-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by surfer
Just remember...you get what you pay for. can have 2 ok swing arms, or the best on the market, hands down. if i had the money i'd have my 12k$ lobo roller

Since when is Leagers, RPM, etc., etc. "ok"? :ermm:

AC 400 ex 02
02-20-2003, 05:15 AM
sweet swing arm..kinda pricey but very nice..those billet products are really sweet lookin 2!

400ex99
02-20-2003, 07:35 AM
who makes them yellow brake lines? where did u get them? thanks.

02-20-2003, 08:29 AM
Since when is Leagers, RPM, etc., etc. "ok"? :ermm:

It happened when Doug Roll called up God and told him when the sun should set and rise...:rolleyes:

I think people are paying for a name and not the product..:eek: All product break..and sayin houser swingarms crack more than Older style LSR swingarms is the most rediculious thing I've heard this year so far...:o

Extremeracer167
02-20-2003, 08:37 AM
i never said it wasnt rediculous, but its kinda the truth. There have been a TON of houser swingarms cracking and breaking, havent u heard the same thing??

02-20-2003, 08:47 AM
i never said it wasnt rediculous, but its kinda the truth. There have been a TON of houser swingarms cracking and breaking, havent u heard the same thing??

No sir...seen pics and heard lots of horror stories on here regarding LSR swingarms and I've only heard of 1 houser swingarm cracking..but this is the first I've heard of houser swingarms breaking. I know Jeff went thru several LSR swingarms in a matter of a few months and ran a houser all season without so much as a chip in the PC..:confused: :confused:

PS..extreme..don't go to the racing forum...:eek: ;) :devil

Sparks425Ex
02-20-2003, 08:55 AM
Well sicne you guys are showing them off I wanna see a nice Leagers..

In My opinion the only way to ride is Houser, Leagers, RPM and Burgard...

ALl the others are just over priced for their quality....

Big - D Racing
02-20-2003, 12:19 PM
I don't mean to hurt any feeling, but the only way to ride houser, laegar, rpm, and burgard. I like houser, laegar, and rpm but burgard come on. I heard Burgard makes some of the weakest swingarms on the market. That's the reason why they can sell them for $400. They are cheapley made atleast compared to the industry standard mx swingarm. The other 3 companies I consider make good durable products though.

My brakelines are cusom made from a Company here in San Diego. I believe the rear was somewhere between $30 and $40. The front set are double brake lines meaning instead of one stainless steel line spliting into two line for each wheel, It goes two lines from the top, one seperate line for each wheel. I believe the front set is $75 or $80. I can get you a hold of a set if you would like if you pay the price plus shipping from San Diego.

See the pic to see what I mean

Pappy
02-20-2003, 12:27 PM
but burgard come on.

ok, since price dictates quality.....can i be your realtor...banker and financial advisor?

i spend many an hour watching burgard products assembled......and i dont seen any broken ones laying around. it doesnt matter what brand you have, it can and will break eventually. and if you look closely at the actual product and compare them they are all very very close.

im not gonna flame ya, you are entitled to your opinion....but use facts not price to dictate what you base your opinion on. to many people use price as the only guideline. burgard has always kept a fairly low overhead and sold quality parts at reasonable prices...shame on him:rolleyes:

Big - D Racing
02-20-2003, 12:47 PM
I'm not going off price, i'm going off what I have heard. I have never ran them, but I had a friend who bought one off ebay brand new from burgard for $350. He hated it. It started to crack near the carrier his 3rd yime out. He is not a motox guy either. He is a desert rider who doesn't really jump to much, and when he does it isn't anything big. That swingarm is on a shelf awaiting to get reweld and then he's selling it for $100 - $200. Like I told him you get what you pay for. He is now running a Gibson. I'm going off facts not a price. However people who build their swingarms in a qicker fashion and with thinner or cheaper metal, are able to sell them cheaper because it cost them that much less to produce. So when Burgard spends say $150 to build a swing arm, roll, walsh, gibson use $500 to build theirs. There is a difference otherwise more pros would be running cheaper products. But no the pros want the best product that they can get a hold of. Because many of those products win the race. While someone else breaks a part, theirs keeps on going. I'm not saying the more expensive parts can't break, it just they usually can tkae a bigger beating before they break.

forum
02-20-2003, 12:54 PM
roll does not spend 500 dollars worth of materials on there swing arm! not even with the labor involved!. My grandfather was a welding forman for over 45 years at dofasco(billion dollar company) I will agree that roll may spend more money then burgard when making there stuf but 100$-150$ tops!. Roll uses a very smart marketing tactic. Although he sells less stuff due to the price the higher price makes up for it!. I do agree that roll is much better then burgard but not 4 times better!. When your racing having a part fail sucks. so some people will spend anything to try and stop that from happening. Im willing to bet alot of money that roll's markup is someware around 500%+

Pappy
02-20-2003, 12:57 PM
when you get the specs for the thickness and types of materials that the other companies use you will see that they all use 99% of the exact same product. ive seen parts from every manufacture break.....sometimes before they are ever installed. sometimes after a few rides...and sometimes after years of reliable service. its asine to listen to someone spout off about metalurgy when neither one of us is qualified to speak about it.

go ahead and spend your money on what ever you want......its yours to spend.

there are many of us here that are fed up with opinions based on hear say and half truths. so if you cant back up what you are saying with factual information and proof.....dont say it. if you can...then do it. we all want truth and facts on any products we use.

can they break...read what i posted earlier. its man made.

waiting for a reweld? was it sent back to burgards? if so what was the outcome?

02-20-2003, 01:01 PM
boiled down alil ..more like quality dictates prices...so if ya want the best ...you gotta pay for it
if you are willing to settle for less ..it better be less expensive

Big - D Racing
02-20-2003, 01:05 PM
The swingarm wasn't sent back and its been on the shelf for probably 10 months now. He just doesn't want to really deal with it. It is a fact i try to go over there sometime to take a picture for you.

Pappy
02-20-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
boiled down alil ..more like quality dictates prices...so if ya want the best ...you gotta pay for it
if you are willing to settle for less ..it better be less expensive

exactly.

my biggest fear of buying a part for up to 3 times more then a comparable product is the what if? if it breaks are they(any company) willing to stand behind it? it seems the higher up the price scale the less customer service i see in the atv industry. im not knockin roll, they make some fine parts. houser leager etc all fine. but how much better is a $1000 roll swing arm as compared to a $500 houser or leager? to each there own as to what they wanna spend on parts......but i think we get screwed by the top names in this sport.

mxracer111
02-20-2003, 01:07 PM
come on.....its not the material that is really expensive.....ever check out some of the hundred thousand dollar machines these large company;s buy to produce some of the products

forum
02-20-2003, 01:10 PM
arens uses by far the most expensive equipment but yet there frames are alot alot alot cheaper!

Big - D Racing
02-20-2003, 01:14 PM
Pappy I agree with you, I think every company is ripping us (consumers) off by the prices they charge. There is huge mark ups from every company. I think if a company could build a swing arm and make similiar or even exceeding the quality and strength of roll, walsh, gibson, and all other companies that sell near the $1000 price, and sell that swing arm for like $500-600 to where they are only making a little profit instead of a lot. That company in the end woulprobably make more profit then roll, and the other companies because the orders wouldn't stop. That new company wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand. If only I had a crap load of money to start a company, that builds the best products at the chepest price, I would be rich.
THE PROBLEM WITH THE COMPANIES TODAY LIKE BURGARD THAT DO SELL CHEAP, IS THE QUALITY OF THEIR SWINGARM ISN'T COMPARABLE TO THAT OF ROLL OR WALSH.

Pappy
02-20-2003, 01:19 PM
im sure overhead plays a big role in the final price...it does in every other business i know of:p

and some companies ...i think arens being one of them....use mega dollar robotics and they aint cheap. does that offer better quality? i would imagine when all goes well it offers a more consistant product.

sorry, my point here wasnt whats better....its the fact that we casually throw out in our posts that a product or a company is junk when the majority of members here are limited to only the parts they use or at best a friend has.

look at ac pro pegs.....1 year ago every knucklehead here just had to have them(myself being knucklehead #1) then after some use by the majority of members here we all kinda came to the same conclusion......they needed to be re-thought...redesigned etc. ac responded with a new nerf bar(or so ive heard...i havent seen them) thats the kind of company i want to work with...one that changes to our needs and wants. same for LSR....they acknowledged the problem and are supposedly changing the design of thier swing arm.

too many people here go of what they hear ...not what they know. i have been researching different parts for months now....searching for competetive information that would decern one over the other. and in very few instances have i found a clear definition of what part is the absolute best for any givin situation. there are just way too many variables that come into play to declare a victor

Pappy
02-20-2003, 01:25 PM
THE PROBLEM WITH THE COMPANIES TODAY LIKE BURGARD THAT DO SELL CHEAP, IS THE QUALITY OF THEIR SWINGARM ISN'T COMPARABLE TO THAT OF ROLL OR WALSH.

this is exactly what im saying......scratch burgard and put houser in there...or leager.....and then YOU explain why:confused: i could easily state that roll isnt worth the money. is it?

and burgard swing arms arent $350 new. they are priced more in the lines of houser last time i checked.

just see my point that stating that any product is junk based on it selling price....or non - factual proof is wrong. just like extreme167 posted about houser having cracks. do they? ive never seen or even heard of a problem with them....but realistically i would have to assume that out of all thier swing arms one or two had to have had a problem, same with leagers...roll...etc

mrusk
02-20-2003, 01:29 PM
It gets a point were the advantages of the product outweight the benifits of it. Driving an extra 20minutes to save 100 bucks on a new 400ex is worth it. However driving 5 hours to savve 100 bucks on a new 400ex is not worth it. Think about that for a few secounds.

matt

Ralph
02-20-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
im sure overhead plays a big role in the final price...it does in every other business i know of:p

and some companies ...i think arens being one of them....use mega dollar robotics and they aint cheap. does that offer better quality? i would imagine when all goes well it offers a more consistant product.

sorry, my point here wasnt whats better....its the fact that we casually throw out in our posts that a product or a company is junk when the majority of members here are limited to only the parts they use or at best a friend has.

look at ac pro pegs.....1 year ago every knucklehead here just had to have them(myself being knucklehead #1) then after some use by the majority of members here we all kinda came to the same conclusion......they needed to be re-thought...redesigned etc. ac responded with a new nerf bar(or so ive heard...i havent seen them) thats the kind of company i want to work with...one that changes to our needs and wants. same for LSR....they acknowledged the problem and are supposedly changing the design of thier swing arm.

too many people here go of what they hear ...not what they know. i have been researching different parts for months now....searching for competetive information that would decern one over the other. and in very few instances have i found a clear definition of what part is the absolute best for any givin situation. there are just way too many variables that come into play to declare a victor

lsr alreay redesigned it, and gave me a great price. but now after selling me something i mentioned one thing i did not like and i havent gotten a call back yet and i leave a message weekly.... its kind of upsetting that dan fisher looked like such a nice guy but then after the sale he ignores my messages? well im gonna stop *****ing

Big - D Racing
02-20-2003, 01:34 PM
bURGARD WAS SELLING THEM FOR A BUY IT NOW PRICE OF $350 LIKE A YEAR AGO. Last time I seen them on ebay they were a buy it now at $425 and no one was buying. Pappy I amnot limited to roll, i do howeverthink there products are the best. I run many different products, I got Herrmann a arms, Tcs Shocks, anyways my point is my parts don't match I buy the parts that I feel are the best regardless if they are different brands. I do not stand behind any company including roll. If i find a better swingarm, I'll sell the roll and get it. Eventually I would like to get the herrmann long travel arams. I would love to get the roll lobo because it would match the overall look, but I fell Herrmann arejust as good and $500 cheaper. Unless I get a good deal on roll's it will be the Herrmann's.

Ralph
02-20-2003, 01:39 PM
i pretty much buy whatever i can get for the cheapest i can get it cause i realy dont think my 130 pounds are gonna break a swingarm especialy at this point of my riding. (for those of you who dont know im 15)

Pappy
02-20-2003, 01:46 PM
i hear ya big d.....

as far as ebay sales go.....the prices were what they were....i cannot comment on what they sold for a year ago. i can tell you that they are a bit more then that now:p

i have been on a crusade to get people to post facts....and leave the opinions out of it unless asked. i mean it gets rediculous when you see a "whats best " thread...lol

i truly like a ton of products. i could build 10 quads and use different components on each one:p heck i almost have:eek:

i think what makes a forum tough is the fact that we dont really know the background of many people that post. i know of a few people that stand behind only certain companies....but dont or havent ever even used thier products:confused2 i geuss we are all guilty of that in some degree.

i chatted with a fella one night that had the world by the tail it seemed....he expressed his opinion on every product he was using on his quad and what he thought of other brands. after about 45 minutes of reading his (what seemed at first) highly intelligent and well informed and expierenced views....i casually asked him 2 questions....how old are you and when will the quad be finished?

he replied:

im 13 and ill have the money saved for my quad in a few years:confused2

go figure:D

02-20-2003, 01:49 PM
Here's the way I see it...do you think a pair of Air Jordan Nike shoes are really worth $60 more dollars than the other pair of Nike shoes right next to them???? HE!! NO

Your payin for his name on the shoes..same with Doug Roll. He's got some of the sweetest lookin products on the market but it is way over priced.

I do know that Arens has the reputation for having the million mile frame.....Doug Roll sure as heck doesn't and his frames are twice as much money.... :(

Doug Roll is killing ATV racing and he doesn't give a rats patut,,,keep linen his pockets with cash,,that's what he's worried about not our future in this sport. Same with Walsh...he's got friggen teenagers building his products...do you think they own houses, and cars, and have kids to put thru school..probably not so why the large prices..his overhead can't be that much??? It just makes me wonder were the logic is in pricing these products they make. I know they have to feed their mouths too..but not by a butler while laying next to the pool gettin a manicure...:rolleyes:

02-20-2003, 01:54 PM
And Big D,,by all means...we are not beating up on you buddy or dissing your quad..it is a super nice quad.. I think our beef is the price on quality products and the views some people have of those products.. Doug Roll can take his $12K chassis and drive it off a friggen bridge for all I care...I'll run stock products before I ever spend a dime on his stuff....:macho

mrusk
02-20-2003, 01:56 PM
I don't think Roll is killing atv racing. Now there are so many other choices for chasis products that are better then roll and cheaper. Roll is just hurting himself now. If he lowered his prices 25% he could make 100% more money.

I defintly find it funny how Walsh got a bunch of kids fresh outta high school welding class. However Walsh turns out the best products and half the pro class runs his stuff.

matt

MOUSE
02-20-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Here's the way I see it...do you think a pair of Air Jordan Nike shoes are really worth $60 more dollars than the other pair of Nike shoes right next to them???? HE!! NO

Your payin for his name on the shoes..same with Doug Roll. He's got some of the sweetest lookin products on the market but it is way over priced.

I do know that Arens has the reputation for having the million mile frame.....Doug Roll sure as heck doesn't and his frames are twice as much money.... :(

Doug Roll is killing ATV racing and he doesn't give a rats patut,,,keep linen his pockets with cash,,that's what he's worried about not our future in this sport. Same with Walsh...he's got friggen teenagers building his products...do you think they own houses, and cars, and have kids to put thru school..probably not so why the large prices..his overhead can't be that much??? It just makes me wonder were the logic is in pricing these products they make. I know they have to feed their mouths too..but not by a butler while laying next to the pool gettin a manicure...:rolleyes:

AMEN :cool:

Big - D Racing
02-20-2003, 01:59 PM
Pappy,
I got a friend just like what you are talking about. He has a 400ex built to a 400 and he only runs Lonestar. He won't touch nothing else and he argues his point like crazy. He is also an idiot he buys direct from lonestar and pays retail. He bought his swingarm for $725 (chromed) and he had to wait like 2 months for it.
Rico,
I know the prices are high, but really it is the industry standard. What I mean is the whole industry puts huge mark ups on products that should truely be sold for half of what they actually sell for. That includes every brand from lonestar, burgard, all the way to Roll.

Ralph
02-20-2003, 02:04 PM
He is also an idiot he buys direct from lonestar and pays retail. He bought his swingarm for $725 (chromed) and he had to wait like 2 months for it.

i better not tell how much i got mine direct from lsr, for but if i dont get my call back tommorow i will break my promises to him since he doesnt give a ratass bout me...

i also got 2 new bearings(the ones in it were broken:confused2) and i got a free sweatshirt

Pappy
02-20-2003, 02:59 PM
its not only the atv business...i see this stuff all day every day...

my customers b!tch because our top of the line brand name product is X amount....yet when we offer them a comparable product for much less they say they dont want it:confused: i say screw them...here is the prices...shop till ya drop and leave yer cash at the door:devil

the only expierence i have with walsh is the stuff i have pc'd .....looks like good stuff....welds were clean ...finish was nice etc. same with LSR....in fact i give them props for using clearcoat over thier silvervein...nice touch.....but not nice enough for the price tag these days.

and like rico said...not being disrespectful by any means big d.....we are on BS patrol and sometimes everyone gets hit with flyin chit:eek: :blah

and i do like the looks of your quad.....it was almost exactly the color scheme i was gonna go with until i saw it had been done:mad: ;) so now its on to a new color scheme:p

ZRacer
02-21-2003, 07:23 AM
B-D Racing, Your quad looks awesome, and I am glad you are happy with your Roll swingarm, but I am really confused about the way you handled your Burgard swingarm. If I spent $350 on any product and it broke right away as you stated, I would contact the manufacturer and explain what happened and see how they responded. I wouldn't just set $350 on a shelf for 10 months and basically through it in the trash. I personally don't have money to through away.

Burgard Cycle stands behind his products, and if you had a problem right away, he would have replaced the swingarm or repaired based upon the time the swingarm was in use. He really cares about his customers and he goes out of his way to help his customers.

His product prices has no reflection on his quality. His products are made from the same 4130 chromoly that other manufacturers are using. The reason for the lower prices is because he doesn't feel right about overcharging for his products. He try to provide high quality aftermarket compononets that more riders can afford.

He now produces and sell bearing carriers that are made from billet aluminum and come with bearings and seals for only $125. If you can tell the difference in quality between his and any other carrier for $200 let me know.

He actually gets complaints from others in the business that won't be mentioned because of his more resonable prices.

BTW. ship me the swingarm and I will look at. Or just sell it to me for $100.

Pappy
02-21-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by ZRacer

BTW. ship me the swingarm and I will look at. Or just sell it to me for $100.

uh uh big fella.....i will take it off his hands....how dare you try and get a deal ahead of me:devil :blah

how did the new paper mache a arms look he made for your Z? the chrome spray paint look pretty good:blah

ZRacer
02-21-2003, 07:40 AM
I saw them last night, and my jaw dropped to the floor. They are awesome looking. His new ball joint design is going to be the best in the industry and one of the lowest prices. Now, everyone will be able to afford long travel A-arms and full adjustable A-arms. He had my set of +3/4" and a set of +4" there. Them +4" are long. Assembly comes Saturday.

Big D. I will send you a pic of them this weekend and you tell me if these A-arms look cheap!

Pappy
02-21-2003, 07:42 AM
any sign of my arms:(

Big - D Racing
02-21-2003, 02:03 PM
It wasn't my burgard swingarm it was my friends. I had no control on what he did with it. If it was mine I would of tried to get my money back.