PDA

View Full Version : 90cvt crash, pell city

thequadfather+2
03-25-2011, 03:32 PM
I didnt put this in the other video out of respect for Wesley and his family. I sent this video to a friend to give them and they have said it was ok to post it.

This is a violent crash and probably one of the worst mini quad accidents I have seen. I think it's a fine example of how safety gear works to protect our kids.

My wife was filming and it happened so fast she didnt realize the wreck had occured. The woman next to her screamed and then said I'm sorry, my wife was saying "no, you're fine". She said that she didnt realize there was a crash until everyone ran out on the track.

I am glad he is doing ok and hope to see him at the next 90cvt gate drop!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fYDqTjMEGE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

apexpilot
03-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Bruce,
Westly and crew are in NC for the GNCC race this weekend, And will be in Bowling Green next weekend. He is doing great and ready to race!!He is one tough kid! Thanks for the show of respect! Good luck Westly and crew.

hwf-racing
03-25-2011, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I'M glad he's doing well that was my son next to Wesley, Hunter said he landed on his front tire spun him around. It was nasty. Good luck to the Wolf family this weekend

don bassani
03-25-2011, 06:28 PM
That was one ugly wreck !!! Glad he is ok.

DAVYS DAD
03-25-2011, 06:36 PM
Very glad to hear he's OK,That was freakin nasty!!!

jake55
03-25-2011, 07:08 PM
when we first started racing the local track owner gave me some advice. he said the last words your kid should hear before the gate drops is have fun and I LOVE YOU. this video is a good reminder to all of us to take this guys advice. very glad to hear this young man is ok and still racing.

fastrnrik
03-25-2011, 07:24 PM
I tell my son that before every race.

DTRacing25
03-25-2011, 08:12 PM
Way to hang in there Wesley. Good luck this weekend.

coffing918
03-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by jake55
when we first started racing the local track owner gave me some advice. he said the last words your kid should hear before the gate drops is have fun and I LOVE YOU. this video is a good reminder to all of us to take this guys advice. very glad to hear this young man is ok and still racing.
those are My EXACT words to my son b4 the gate drops!

#404's Dad
03-27-2011, 11:10 AM
Wow that was nasty for sure, my son bit the dust on that same jump in the 70 SS Moto 1. Can't say enough about safety gear, it should be the first thing bought and corners should never be cut when purchasing it, glad that racer is ok and glad he had all his gear on.

zach R 7x
03-28-2011, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by jake55

Watching that video made me sick to my stomach, brought back some bad memories! Glad to see the young man is ok.

My son and I have the same routine every race, we have a special hand shake , I tell him I love him ,race hard and to remember to have fun ,this is what we are here for!