PDA

View Full Version : 08 Apex Shocks ???

rd2005
03-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Hey, got a 08 90cc Apex MXR Pro with stock shocks. My son has been turning it on & something has clicked & is jumping for the most part comparable to the other kids in his class. We noticed he was landing hard & complaining of hitting hard. We could hear his frame hitting the ground...come to find out his shocks are well shot/gone. So we thought they needed to be charged. We took the bike to a local tire shop & they charged them with nitrogen. 2 days later we went in to the garage & they have leaked all the nitrogen out & we are back to square one. Squish! No recoil!

So what are my options???
Money is super tight & I cannot afford Elka shocks.

FISH ON!
03-28-2011, 04:23 PM
I have brand new take offs from an '09 Apex long travel (14.5" eye to eye) These have the rebound adjustment and are the best stock shocks available. Make me a reasonable offer for all three. I'm only hanging on to them to put on the bike when the for sale sign goes on it in the Fall.

Todd

rd2005
03-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by FISH ON!
I have brand new take offs from an '09 Apex long travel (14.5" eye to eye) These have the rebound adjustment and are the best stock shocks available. Make me a reasonable offer for all three. I'm only hanging on to them to put on the bike when the for sale sign goes on it in the Fall.

Todd

Hey Thanks for offering, but I found some earlier today. :-)

rd2005
03-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Just sent pm

rd2005
03-31-2011, 07:16 PM
Found out that the 08 Apex shocks are nearly impossible to rebuild for several reasons. The tooling needed would need to be machined, the seal/bushings are nearly impossible to get, & the expense to rebuild is just not worth it!!!