PDA

View Full Version : Livingston, KY

Scott
12-03-2001, 09:37 AM
A group of us went there Memorial Day weekend of 2001. Lots of rocks. The rocks are in 3 sizes, big, bigger, and that-looks-expensive. Must have been over 2000 people there. Never seen anything like it. 99% of the people just cruised the main road. Get off on the trails and you rarely saw anyone. Quads were out numbered by rail buggys and rock crawlers. Those guys are a lot of fun to watch, mainly because most of them appear to be nuts. It's always fun watching someone else tear up their stuff.

No permits that we were aware of, State Trooper agreed with us. Wear a helmet. Don't go kill yourself and screw up this place for the rest of us. Rumor has it, it's all on private property. The landowners are nice enough to let anyone go ride, so let's not screw it up. Also, from a legal standpoint, were a helmet if you decide to ride to the gas stations. Otherwise the friendly State trooper will hurt your wallet.

I-75 South through KY to Exit 49, Livingston. Turn right at the top of the exit ramp, follow the old road, past the gas stations, up the hill to the right.

papaw
12-03-2001, 03:00 PM
last time i was there..(boo-bash)last weekend in oct.they were logging in there so the trails should get better or worse all of the whoops on the main trails were gone so the loggers can get to where they need to.you can also ride to daniel boones mx track.that is one sweet track....................

Striker49
12-03-2001, 03:44 PM
Livingston Co. or is it a city? I only know of the county. Other wise youve lost me :huh

Scott
12-04-2001, 06:16 AM
It is at exit 49 off I-75. That's 49 miles north of the Tenn. border in the Daniel Boone Nat'l Forest. The exit is 5 miles due south of Livingston, the town. The exit sign says Livingston. The next exit south is London, KY. You should be able to find it on a map from that.

papaw
12-04-2001, 01:45 PM
just look for the shell and the 49er truck stop off exit 49 and follow the trail up in to the hills can't miss it!!!!!

12-04-2001, 05:32 PM
YEah dude Livingston is PACKED on the weekends. But if you think they've got big rocks there, thats nothing. You otta go to S-Tree, its real close to Livingston, as a matter of fact, you used to be able to ride from Livingston to S-Tree untill they closed the trails connecting the two. But anyways, To make matters even wrose, Ive ridden a Dirt bike down at S-Tree. Big Rocks + Dirt Bike = Ouch.

Striker49
12-04-2001, 05:55 PM
O, well screw that. I wont be goin there for a long time if ever. :rolleyes:

Scott
12-05-2001, 06:07 AM
How about giving us a post for S-tree Spike, or if not a post then throw us some directions in here! I've upgraded a little since Livingston, full length skids, bead locks, a-arm guards. Where are the "big" rocks?

spincr4hire
12-05-2001, 06:47 AM
You guys ever rode at Moutain Parkway Offroad ?
Its at Clay City, KY, just 30 minutes or so from Lexington. It costs $15 per day but well worth the money, over 2000 acres of clearly marked trails. The best part is no jeeps or buggies allowed, so no deep ruts or getting run off the road by a bunch of drunk idiots. Check it out at http://www.mpoffroad.com :p

papaw
12-05-2001, 02:52 PM
spincr4hire is right it has the best trails i have ever ridden on.huge hills,some rocky trails and many hare scramble trails.you can even ride under mountain pkwy. to a moto-x track but its not that nice of one though,but every thing else is awesome.i would recommend this place to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!

12-05-2001, 05:32 PM
I was there a couple of weekend ago. We go about once a month.
How do you get to daniel boones MX track. I love riding at this place. Do you guys want to hook up and go some time.

papaw
12-05-2001, 07:33 PM
hondaboy7 i'm planning on going to the quad nationals in april at d-boone the first weekend i think it is.we are going to camp at livingston and ride our quads to the race if we are allowed.you have to take a few gravel roads to get there and i have seen a few rangers on these roads,but not long enough to chat with them.i'm currently rebuilding for the year but lets hook up for a few rides in the spring.......

Winged Warrior
12-06-2001, 05:05 PM
Livingston Ky. is Rockcastle Co. if ya still want to know.Ive been there a few times ,love it! ive been to s-tree in Jackson also,several yrs ago,last time i went there a couple guys with us sailed off a cliff in thier buggy.ouch!

12-14-2001, 07:34 PM
Me and my dad ride at MP Off-Road all the time. Its got a really big variety of riding areas. I love it

papaw
12-17-2001, 01:49 PM
yep mp-off road has the best trails/hills around in my opinion....

velociraptor
12-18-2001, 02:39 PM
Mountain parkway is a really nice and challenging place to ride. Great trails, we should get them to fix up the moto-cross track, hey did any one race on the dirt oval?:devil

papaw
12-18-2001, 02:45 PM
yeah but it was too dusty at the time.the moto-x track really could use some work.....

velociraptor
12-18-2001, 02:50 PM
Hey pawppa how do you like your 416 kit? I have friend that has the 440 kit and another guy was told to get the 416 instead. Have your raced a 440 becasue I know I have and it was not impressive at all. My raptor was stock and beat the 440 with an edlebrock quicksilver carb and fmf full pipe.:macho

12-18-2001, 03:18 PM
oh boy....:rolleyes:

I think that was a rider issue and not a motor issue. A 440 and 416 will keep up with a stock raptor..:devil

papaw
12-18-2001, 05:13 PM
i think a 440 is for more low end and the 416 is more mid-top,correct me if i'm wrong.....rico?and yes i love my 416 kit.plus i sill have 426 if i grenade something,which soon might be possible i just recieved an extra cylinder and head,planning on doin' a little drag racing this year if my head works out well....

Winged Warrior
12-18-2001, 05:34 PM
Hey papaw ,i did better in the last drag at grant Co..got myself a couple trophys,took off my pipe ,got in the stock 400 class,i got 3rd out of about 8 or 10.Oh yea first place in the panties race :p :p

papaw
12-19-2001, 02:21 PM
thats cool.did you get any payback dough?

Winged Warrior
12-19-2001, 05:08 PM
Yea,but just enough to pay expences(gate fee,race entry)but had alot of fun ,best part was seeing my little girl walking out with a trophy in each hand and a big smile on her face.:D

12-24-2001, 03:17 AM
Hey, I've been riding in Livingston since 1980. IT's a great place to ride but it's all rocks and sand, no dirt! One of my old friends calls the sand "bike grinding compound". And that stuff they call mudd has to be shiped in from somewhere else! I've always had a good time there, middle of the week is the bet time to ride,not tomany people there.

papaw
12-24-2001, 03:32 PM
joe you might check out mtn. pkwy. in clay city plenty of dirt there,and i think they have the best trails around.you just have to find them there......

bermbanger400
01-01-2002, 10:31 AM
i have riden at livingston alot this past summer.its very good riding compared to what we have here where i live. i would like to check out this place in clay city sounds awesome.

Winged Warrior
01-02-2002, 05:23 PM
Pic of my old warrior at livingston.

Adam F
01-02-2002, 06:57 PM
Livingston rules! Although I don't have too much to compare it to, besides Haspin Acres. I started out riding Livingston in my 4runner, and then bought my 'ex to ride with all my friends. I can honestly say it is more difficult to ride on my ex than my 4runner. But both are fun. I like to go out to Livingston every couple of weeks. There is sooo much more to explore in the ex than my 4runner. I just bought a etrex legend handheld GPS to plot out the trails. I can't wait! We will probably go again Jan 26th/27th. It's just to darn cold to go camping right now! I have a few pics from Livingston, but they are of my 4runner. http://www.toyotaoffroad.net/afertig/livingston.htm

One tip I'll share with you.......the breakfast at the 49'er is the best!

01-02-2002, 08:01 PM
Hey wingedwarrior where is that picture taken of your warrior?
I have never seen that at livingston before. You can check out
www.kyatv.com it's my buds site good pic's from there.

Winged Warrior
01-03-2002, 05:18 PM
I think its off of a trail to the right comming back from the playground?

papaw
01-03-2002, 09:25 PM
there is a big stream on the right but i've never seen that bad *** waterfall b4