PDA

View Full Version : Advice for trip to silver lake and badlands in attica

Quinn4
03-25-2011, 07:33 AM
Hey fellas,
I'm planning a trip from WI to Silver Lake MI and hitting the Badlands in Attica on the way back.
It will be the first time at both places for my brother and I. We have sand tires for the dunes and our knobbies for attica.
We both ride sport quads (ds450 and trx330r)
I've been reading a bit about silver lake and while it looks awesome, it sounds like it has more rules than my daughter's kindergarden class.
Just looking for advice or any info on both places. (what to bring, what to look out for etc)

Pabst_Powered
03-28-2011, 01:56 PM
I've been going to Silver Lake for 15 years now and never had a problem even on the big weekends (Memorial Day, 4th, Labor Day, ect.)

-Make sure you both have spark arrestors
-8ft orange flag
-Nothing leaking
-State park sticker or Day pass
-2011 ORV sticker in view
-Db's correct (just putt your way through the gate)
-No glass or alcohol:D they will check coolers and backpacks
-If your going in with a Truck make sure you air the tires down enough so you don't get stuck at the end of the entrance and block the way through:mad: , make sure everything is straped down (coolers, grill, chairs, spare, ect.) or your going to lose it

********OK, NOW YOUR IN!!!!*********

-Follow the arrows and dont cross the boundaries
-Check out the peaks first, you don't wanna race up Test Hill(1st hill) only to find out the other side drops off 20ft
-Be cautious and respect others at all times

man that kinda does sound like a lot, you'll be alright just use common sense, and Hey down at the beach you'll be on your time....GOOD TIMES!!!

Quinn4
03-29-2011, 11:28 AM
How early should we get there to be sure we get a voucher to ride?

gdmatson
04-14-2011, 06:49 AM
If it's a weekend, make sure to get a voucher the night before. I waited 4 1/2 hours on a Saturday morning just to pull my trailer into the parking lot. Didn't know I could get the voucher early. Other than that, have a great time!