PDA

View Full Version : Home Security Systems

nwi45
03-24-2011, 06:03 PM
I am looking to get a system hooked up. I am looking between ADT and Smith and Wesson. ADT's installation price seems kind of steep. Wondering if anyone had any input on certain home security sytems?

DnB_racing
03-24-2011, 06:37 PM
I got a honeywell system and installed it myself it has battery backup, a automatic dialer and tamper and programmable key pad , the whole system with wire door switches and window switches control panel was under $350

CJM
03-24-2011, 06:45 PM
There is only 2 security systems in my house:
1. Is a small dog that barks at anything that moves and probably would bite your leg off if you arent welcome. Shes a great early warning system
2. If you survive that and Im home (which I frequently am) you leave in a body bag courtesy of whatever rifle or shotgun I happen to grab.

But really, had an adt system at the last house. Worked fine, never had anyone break in tho.

Better option is to make sure all doors and windows are locked, outer doors are secure and unable to be opened unless bashed in and you leave lights on if at night.

Mostly tho I know for a fact a dog that barks will scare away burglars b/c they make tyoo much noise and draw to much attention.

DnB_racing
03-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by CJM
There is only 2 security systems in my house:
1. Is a small dog that barks at anything that moves and probably would bite your leg off if you arent welcome. Shes a great early warning system
2. If you survive that and Im home (which I frequently am) you leave in a body bag courtesy of whatever rifle or shotgun I happen to grab.

But really, had an adt system at the last house. Worked fine, never had anyone break in tho.

Better option is to make sure all doors and windows are locked, outer doors are secure and unable to be opened unless bashed in and you leave lights on if at night.

Mostly tho I know for a fact a dog that barks will scare away burglars b/c they make tyoo much noise and draw to much attention. motion lights are a great deterrent also

CJM
03-24-2011, 07:02 PM
^ agreed. I have one by every doorway and the garage.

miller821
03-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
motion lights are a great deterrent also

Motion lights and ADT signs plastered around the yard = Great Deterrent.

But we have a local system that was cheaper than ADT.