PDA

View Full Version : GT Thunder rebuilds

nkillian9
03-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Posting this for a friend to try and get some feedback from anyone who has ran these, its gonna cost around a grand to get fronts and rear revalved with a rear link, is it worth it? I myself told him to keep a eye on the used section

cbr
03-24-2011, 11:06 AM
i personally wouldnt take nothing to him! i spent thousands of dollars there on 250r parts and he dont have the time of day for any one who doesnt race. a friend of mine had his shocks on his quad and said that they sucked! my motor grenaded that i had him go thru roughly 3 weeks after getting it back. id rather take my motor to someone well known like baldwins or tom carlson.

big bad beny
03-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Check out DeRisi racing. He dose good work. I have done a lot of work over the years with him

nkillian9
03-24-2011, 09:50 PM
ill let him know and have him check out desiri, he said he tried calling gt thunder today with no answer, thanks for the input

Smoker
03-25-2011, 07:45 AM
Not everyone has the same experiences, GT Thunder has always been pretty decent to me and a lot of other people will contest to that. Laz is always busy and sometimes has strange hours since he's on the road with Brandon's race schedule. A lot of people are really happy with his shock work, don't take two people's opinion to make a choice, shop around. I'm sure DeRisi is awesome as well.

chronicsmoke
03-25-2011, 08:04 AM
Yah ive heard good and bad about them, more good than bad on product evaluation, but more bad than good in the customer service dept.

I used a similar guy called Monster Performance, and he's really good to deal with. I've never heard anything bad about Nick at Jet Suspension or Santo at Derisi either.. All good companies

krachkrach
03-25-2011, 09:21 AM
I agree... laz was good to me decent price and got my shocks backin less then a week. Everybody has there opinions

XC_Racer_129
03-25-2011, 04:33 PM
I had the rear shock reworked on my DVX and it made a big difference. I just got my rear done for my 450 with the high flow piston. I have one race on it so far and I'm in love with it. I never ran any other setup so I'm not sure how they compare. Everytime I talk to GT they are always friendly and helpful and turn around is generally only a week or so. I've had a good experience

nkillian9
03-25-2011, 10:17 PM
well he told me he tried calling again today with no answer i think he is gonna give derisi a call monday.

quad71
03-25-2011, 10:37 PM
If you want to talk to laz @ gt just e mail him. i have his hls fronts and rear revalve with high flow piston and link. Very Happy MX/XC.

nkillian9
03-25-2011, 10:57 PM
ill tell him to try emailing him

fomospede
03-26-2011, 09:10 AM
as all have said he (laz)is a super busy guy ,with that said he is short even if you deal with him daily!!
his work is good and most all other links have his R+D in there geometry if they admit it is another story!
if you look at his page at the people waiting for service work you will see alot of top names and they dont get there by making the wrong suspension choices
as for the price you should have them built for you
why buy used stuff the valving would still have to be set for you aswell as springs

with all that said i run RG3 axis shocks and they are a huge upgrade but without working with laz in the past and winning many xc races i wouldnt know
beyond GTT
i would try hygearsuspension also not cheap but maybe better than some of the others

nkillian9
03-26-2011, 09:25 AM
in all actuallity its not for me its for a friend i myself ride a ltr with floats gen2s with podium in the rear and couldnt be happier after i got my rear back the second time they were way off on spring rate the first go around, yes i understand on the used shocks he would have to send them back out to get revalved resprung but if the price is right u can come out ahead this way, im telling my buddy all the feed back i hear and suggesting other companies ppl has suggested and pm me on. im faster than him so i guess he thinks i know wut im talking about, lol when in all actuality im only a average rider and read lots of magazines

SHIFTx450
03-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Hammer Racing will rebuild your shocks front and rear, beautiful job. Triple rate fronts and a real nice rear setup. You're on your own with a linkage though, just a lowering link should be the ticket for a stock rebuilt shock

nkillian9
03-29-2011, 10:11 PM
i think he decided to go with derisi but thanks for all the suggestions guys

airmobile101
03-30-2011, 05:20 AM
Your best bet would be DeRisi or Dirtworks