PDA

View Full Version : dumb question on HC piston

airmobile101
03-24-2011, 01:05 AM
Guys and gals......... Figured I would ask before I install this. I have a 13:5:1 piston for my 2007 TRX450ER I would like to install,but I would like to install it with a CRF450R head gasket. Just wanna know if there will be any valve clearance issues before I attempt to do this.

DnB_racing
03-24-2011, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by airmobile101
Guys and gals......... Figured I would ask before I install this. I have a 13:5:1 piston for my 2007 TRX450ER I would like to install,but I would like to install it with a CRF450R head gasket. Just wanna know if there will be any valve clearance issues before I attempt to do this. that's what I had last year.. right now im running 14.5:1 but im using the trx gasket..
I actually liked the 13.5 and crf gaskets better then my current setup...
I had stock valves but im not sure if that matters, for the clearance?
I did measure the clearance wish some duct seal clay. and it had enough clearance...
I dont remember the actual tolerance at this time but I did right it down somewhere if I find it I will let you know how much clearance there was

but I would still recomend using some real stiff clay, and check yours before your final install. it was pretty easy to check and was worth the piece of mind knowing that I wasn't going to break it right away

here is a link for solder squish tests, im still reading it myself right now but it seams a lot like the way I did mine basically

http://www.nkn.com/articles/squish.pdf

airmobile101
03-27-2011, 10:53 PM
Thanks DnB, I have always used the solder method.