PDA

View Full Version : Plastic fender color variation

DoonRider
03-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Ugh - after getting my last fender polished up I noticed the right fender is not as red as the rest. It has more of an orange tint. I knew the aftermarket stuff varied but I figured the OEM stuff had lower tolerances for variation. All the plastic looks like it is from the same era with the same amount of wear, etc. I am really disappointed, this will be all I see now after I get my 88 put together. I didn't notice it before.
Anyone else building a garage queen have this issue or am I just not living my life right?
Picture below. Flash hides it somewhat, but it is the right one.

BCTRX
03-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Ya you cant have mis-matched plastic on that quad. I'll give you a $137 to get it out of your garage ASAP!:D

DoonRider
03-23-2011, 10:34 PM
That's not the words of comfort I was looking for...:rolleyes:
:p

J.B.
03-24-2011, 06:26 AM
I noticed my smooth (87 i think) oem hood seems a different red from my oem 88 setup, but all my 88 oem fenders match.

maybe someone replaced a few panels at one point so there is some fading going on with that one?

Travwyatt86r
03-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by J.B.
I noticed my smooth (87 i think) oem hood seems a different red from my oem 88 setup, but all my 88 oem fenders match.

Ditto. I have 88 Red OEM plastics that have a slight orangish red hue to them, especially when compared to the Red used in the 86 - 87 OEM hood.

Slap the OEM decals and seat and mount them up, and I bet you wont notice near as much.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a286/Ostatealph/Craigslist%20Sales/DSC_2733.jpg