PDA

View Full Version : exhuast wrap?

kirby
03-23-2011, 07:43 PM
I wanna take exhaust header wrap and
wrap my head pipe i fig it would cool it
down and considering its wright next to
the oil jug that it would keep it a little cooler but also i fig it would put the heat back into the motor. now I'm not a expert on this stuff that's why I'm on here asking questions so if anyone can help me with some advice that would be sweet.

deathman53
03-24-2011, 04:35 AM
it will keep the pipe cooler and prevent any heat from heating other things. It actually makes more efficient power, as the hotter the gas, the better and faster it flows. The downside is, unless you get the black one, it looks bad quickly, can't power wash near the pipe and when you get it wet, you need to run the bike to dry the wrap. Some say that it permanently stains the headpipe, others said it started to rust out. I've wrapped them since ~07 and I have to re-do one of them(rubs off due to trail crap in a certain spot-on a dirtbike) twice a year. I can say this, since I put the wrap on and heat tape under gas tank, the bike runs cooler than it ever has.

kirby
03-24-2011, 08:26 AM
that aswome i really appreciate it. thank you i will be getting some wrap today. i new this site would be beneficial i believe my head pipe is stainless i cant believe they didn't re-design the oil pan location or put some sort of heat shield on it but what ya gonna do no i thank you ill put some pics on here soon of my 400 again thank you much

Wesjay400ex
03-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Just a thought. If its a new exhaust be sure to look in the manual as it a wrap may void warranty.

I know it does for Car/Truck Headers so just be sure.